Quad occasionally dies - Quick disconnects?

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
twisted_chassis

#11 Post by twisted_chassis »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Sep 3 2007, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good point! A halfway connected quick disconnect will starve the motor for fuel as well.

i had a pinched fuel line once and that is also what happened. drove me crazy for a couple hours.

MyCannibal

#12 Post by MyCannibal »

does your fuel line run above the engine or on the side?

UpsMan

#13 Post by UpsMan »

If your negative battery cable is not TIGHT, it can cause problems too. When mine cut-out a couple of times, the only thing I could find that was even a little questionable was the neg battery connection. It wasn't very loose either. I'm surprised that was the culprit. It was tight, but not TIGHT, know what I mean? I better find a star washer and put under there. Now before every ride I tighten it to be sure it is real tight.

svahle

#14 Post by svahle »

My fuel lines do not run over the top of the engine. I have checked all my grounds and made sure they are tight. I even sanded all of the contact surfaces. Next I will apply di-electric grease to all the plugs and fittings. Finally, I am sending my tank to caniboomer for his updates. Hopefully when I get this all completed I will have fixed the problem. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for all the help.

Shannon.

Blasterboy11

#15 Post by Blasterboy11 »

Let us know what happens...

yamadjs08

#16 Post by yamadjs08 »

Could the throttle just need calibrated?