Irridium plugs , Standard plugs, Silver plugs...whats better?

Happyboy

#1 Post by Happyboy »

Quote from Nology about their Silver line of spark plugs.

"As a matter of fact, Platinum and Iridium are some of the worst metal conductors. The reason why Platinum and Iridium spark plugs are used is for longevity only. They can last up to 100,000 miles. If you are looking for longevity, they are for you. If you are looking for performance, choose silver."

I wonder if their above claim is true. And I wonder if there is a noticable difference really.

Go and check out Nology's Silver plug. I'll have one on its way this week.

http://www.nology.com/silverquest.html#Q2

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Nology makes great stuff.Caniboomer is a dealer for thier coils.I have been running one for about 2years.Cant prove that it works any better than stock but it is away from the heat of the motor which should help durability which our stock coils dont have and I never fouled a plug yet.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

Maybe someday someone will actual prove that any of those fancy spark plugs ,coils and ignition crap work.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Work better than your stock coil for sure.Remember?

peterock

#5 Post by peterock »

which plug did you get?

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

NoLogy coil.I just run the stock plug in a 8.CR8EK I think it is.

peterock

#7 Post by peterock »

I'll have to hit boomer up for the coil, I didn't realize nology had stuff for our quads. I've always used their plug wires and what not on every quad I've had.

What plug from nology is what I was referring to.

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Sep 23 2007, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Work better than your stock coil for sure.Remember?

Thats always been an issue . People replace failed parts with aftermarket and they think the aftermarket is somehow "better" when just installing a good stock one would have the same results.

J. Delaney

#9 Post by J. Delaney »

I remember reading an article written by one of the top AMA Superbike crew chiefs a few years back. He said they use iridium plugs and that they are worth 2 hp. But whey you are talking about a 175hp superbike, 2 ponies is a very small percentage increase.

Happyboy

#10 Post by Happyboy »

I am a science guy...and the numbers show the silver is better. Better to the point its noticeable? Not sure about that. You are the dyno whore, do a plug dyno test next time you are on there. smile.gif