New Tool? What is it?

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
Happyboy

#11 Post by Happyboy »

Any crank rebuilder can build our cranks back. Its crazy how the old timers do it. 2 ton press, gauge to check alignment, and a big brass hammer.

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

I did it once on a snowmobile crank.It was a pain.There is a skill to it.I just send them to Timbo or the local guy here to put together and sync.For under $50 you cant go wrong.I do like pulling them apart to see the damage.I also check the cranks for sync when done.Never know when you get a Winky job rolleyes.gif

wayneschofield

#13 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Oct 18 2007, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know if we can top the flywheel idea though.....

Hey Ken.... Thanks for the message enquiring about my health... I'm pretty much fixed now but have been playing 'catchup' at work. Not sure if I'm going to get to Florida myself now but my folks are going soon...

I'll get the flywheels I have here finished this week and sent off to those due to get one. If all are happy with the current design (save a couple of things I have decided to alter a tad myself) I will get a decent number made. The degree markings were going to be etched originally but I am having the production ones CNCd in. I have an engineering firm who can do them for a little less money too, so that should help.

BTW, I hope to top the flywheels with the decomp mechs....

Cheers.

NRath

#14 Post by NRath »

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I was planning on pulling them apart and sending to Timbo for parts and re-assembly. Like you 27, I'm definitely gonna' see the damage before sending it off. I expect both will need new pins and rods, but maybe I'll be lucky. When he strokes them, is he making new halves or using the old ones?

Glad to hear you're getting better, Wayne. You're working on some great things for the community and it would be a real setback if the projects got dropped.

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

He is using the original crank halves if salvagable.

Wayne we all have learned that good things come to those who wait.Glad your catching up.