Power Commander Group Buy

peterock

#1 Post by peterock »

Alright, so the Power Commander is available.......kind of. They are available as long as we order 20 of them. I was able to set it up to save us some money off retail though which would be $350.

Our price is going to be $320.

Post if you want one and are going to commit to it. Money will be collected before order is placed.

14 more to go

1 for me
1 Steve S.
1 MyDreamride
1 Speedracer
1 Claas900
1 Dachshund

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

So you can do away with the d&m with this?What is the benefit of the power commander? thanks.

MyCannibal

#3 Post by MyCannibal »

yes...please enlighten us on the Power Commander...

claas900

#4 Post by claas900 »

also once we get 20 ppl to order how long before we get the product?

ACEwrench

#5 Post by ACEwrench »

Basically it works in addtion to your ECU. Say you have a map and you want to run it on the dyno to get the AFR perfect, this enables you do it much more easily and quickly. It intercepts the signal between your ECU, TB and injectors so you can manually add or subtract fuel at a given RPM. The thing is it can be done "on the fly" by its ability to connect to Dynojet's software, taking it far less time to perfect a given map or make changes. The unit has to stay on the given quad, as it does not interact with your ECU.

Is that pretty close Peterock?

peterock

#6 Post by peterock »

That would be right. And with the included software and cable you can still do your throttle cal. So the only thing you really can't do is load a hex code without the d&m kit.

Just makes it a whole lot easier to get tuned as you don't need to make sure you have some present that knows what they are doing with a d&m kit. Anyone can now get their machine tuned.

MyCannibal

#7 Post by MyCannibal »

So this is only good in conjunction with a dyno?

peterock

#8 Post by peterock »

QUOTE (MyCannibal @ Jul 21 2008, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so this is only good in conjunction with a dyno?

Yes

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

NO.
The PowerCommander also has a low, mid and high manual adjustment that can also be done on the fly. I am sure someone will come up with a mount for those who want to play with it a lot. Personally on ones I have had once tuned I never touched them.

Biggest thing here is the familiarity EVERY dyno operator has with them. You will be able to go anywhere and they will be able to tune it like ACE said. Tuning on the dyno is also done under a load which is almost impossible to do now. Tuning under load is much more accurate since when you are riding you are always under load.

I am in for 1 Pete maybe 2 if need be.

thedeatons

#10 Post by thedeatons »

Curious parties may want to check out Dynojet's website for a Dynojet tuning facility in your area. Make sure you call around also and ask for a Dynojet facility, because I have found their website does not get updated very often.