New 450 motor

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondale27

New 450 motor

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

In the december ATV Sport they have a article talking about Doug Gust going to Nacs for cannondale.They also hear the 450 motor is coming in 2004.They even say that cannondale was just going to change the bore but decide to change the crank also.Yea!cant wait.It seems funny that the page before the gust article they talk about speaking with Scott Montgomery I wonder where they got the 450info from.

Pro400EXC

#2 Post by Pro400EXC »

So does this mean,i should keep my 400 for a while longer(lets say August 2003) for the 04 Dales to come out,and have the best then,instead of buying a 03 Blaze,and just be mad,i didn't wait?

rowlrag

#3 Post by rowlrag »

Cannondale is changing things, But in my opinion, no one makes a production quad, stoak for stock that is very close to power and handleing. So why would they chage? I can see doing small chassis changes and narrower body, but keep the motor and tweak the electronics. R and d costs a ton, and if you have ever been to there factory and seen the vats full junked test motors, I think peeps would wonder why spend the money on a hole new motor? I'd take the money and pay bills, and a new truck.

Pro400EXC

#4 Post by Pro400EXC »

Originally posted by gncc25
I think it depends on the type of racing you do.

I ride/race XC and trails mainly,and do soem MX............

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Rowlrag,
You make a good point it sucks to buy something brand new and next year it is old news but what about the folks who did have motor problems I bet they wont be sad about a change.Also what about the guys who race against quads with 450 honda motor yes on mx and cc it is mostly rider but not 100%.Flattrack and TT or just flat out racing the cannondale cannot compete powerwise with the 450 or a modified 426 or even that guy running a 500ex in the CC races. I think those even have more power I have experienced this first hand.Cannondale wants to be no1 and doesnt pull any punches even if these are modified quads they are winning the big races.As far as R&D costs with the virtual engine program and all the equipment dynos,flowbenches and vendors that are established already I think the benefits outweigh the costs.Look at the Japenese dirtbikes they get changes all the time and I bet the factories dont make much money off of them but it creates a image of constant change and it is what you need to win which sells other products like the quads we have been buying for the last 15 years without change.

LapTraffic

#6 Post by LapTraffic »

Id buy a Warrior then they havent changed much smile.gif

Ryanstones

#7 Post by Ryanstones »

My guess is there will be no major upgrades anytime soon. Lots of wishful thinking, but i doubt c'dales current financial condition leaves room for new development. They may have a 450 but I don't expect a new release.
If you want to see a 450'dale then get all your friends to buy 432's!

LapTraffic

#8 Post by LapTraffic »

how is dale's financial situation? they hurtin? I cant imagine this new market being profitable yet, probably wont be for another 2-3 years and that's without any bad press.

Mountain and street bikes have to be their cash cow.

I'll tell ya, I was sold on the Z, until I saw a cannondale. If I built a bike, thats what it would look like, they just went out and broke so many tried and true molds. It's awesome to see.

Ryanstones

cannodale as art

#9 Post by Ryanstones »

guys i share your enthusiasm for this machine. Even after a year, and with it currently in pieces I still love just looking at it. I'm working on making it better than new right now.

LapTraffic

#10 Post by LapTraffic »

Hey Ryan, post some pics of the tear down and rebuild if ya get a chance