Fly wheel??

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
toothandnail

#1 Post by toothandnail »

Anything new on the fly wheel problem/updates?

wayneschofield

#2 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (tooth&nail @ Nov 1 2007, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anything new on the fly wheel problem/updates?

What's 'New' is actually nothing new really.... I need to get my finger out and send them (the prototype ones I have finished) over there for some more 'testing'.

I have sorted the machining of the stronger magnet segments though, to test and see if stator output is better with a stronger field, and I have placed an order for fifty more to be made with some detail changes (to the prototypes) that I wanted to make myself.....

We can have a name put on them, I was thinking 'cannondale' on most of them with 'ATK' on the rest.....

wanablaze

#3 Post by wanablaze »

QUOTE (Wayne Schofield @ Nov 4 2007, 03:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's 'New' is actually nothing new really.... I need to get my finger out and send them (the prototype ones I have finished) over there for some more 'testing'.

I have sorted the machining of the stronger magnet segments though, to test and see if stator output is better with a stronger field, and I have placed an order for fifty more to be made with some detail changes (to the prototypes) that I wanted to make myself.....

We can have a name put on them, I was thinking 'cannondale' on most of them with 'ATK' on the rest.....

I wouldn't mind if they were labeled "The Wayne Schofield Special" as long as they work! Haha

I have a feeling the ones with the stronger magnets may draw a little more hp...

toothandnail

#4 Post by toothandnail »

I'm not looking for more output ,as we just race, no lights of any kind on the machine
I'm going to have to get 2 in the next week or so , just checking on the progress

wayneschofield

#5 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (tooth&nail @ Nov 6 2007, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not looking for more output ,as we just race, no lights of any kind on the machine
I'm going to have to get 2 in the next week or so , just checking on the progress

The stronger magnets are just something I am doing to test a theory, that's all. There's no room in the stock flywheel to fit a thicker magnet but my one piece flywheel design has more room to allow for a thicker magnet. If the stronger magnets work it might be something to look at later on....

I might struggle to get a flywheel to you in a week, and the post would be around $100 anyway. You would likely only need the one flywheel though, assuming you want two so you have a spare....?

Fash00

#6 Post by Fash00 »

Whats price and when will they be available i have 1 spun core and possibly another now