Southern Group Ride

jesshamner

#61 Post by jesshamner »

Great. Right off the bat, you throw out a month that already has a ride scheduled. LOL. Just penciled it in this morning. April 12th and 13th I have a ride going on. So it would have to be at least 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after. I don't think the boss will let me get away with 2 riding trips back to back.

kdeal

#62 Post by kdeal »

Hey Jess,

We will probably have something at Speed2424's the last weekend in May as well. It is usually our second biggest ride of the year. He has a mile long MX track and some interesting trail and drag riding as well.

Ken

ciscorc

#63 Post by ciscorc »

I stayed in Mann I believe, and we could ride to the trail head from the H&W atv lodge. There was also a campgroud in Logan with direct trail access, that we found while we were riding. Both of these places are on the browning fork trail.

jesshamner

#64 Post by jesshamner »

cisco, I know where you're talking about. I have stayed in Gilbert which is the end of the Browning fork trail. It was ride in and ride out. Is it safe to say that we could just stick to one trail for the entire weekend? If so maybe we can do something like that.

I have ridden Bearwallow and Rockhouse and I like Bearwallow better. I'm not sure what Bearwallow really is called. Dingess Rum maybe?

They have recently opened 2 more trailheads too. Anybody have anymore input on other trails?

jesshamner

#65 Post by jesshamner »

Ken, will you be able to add another trip north to your schedule?

gml1998

#66 Post by gml1998 »

We did H-M last year with the families.we stayed in Gilbert WV. We rented a house ,it slept 7 of us very nicely.It was newly remodeled,right on the main drag of Gilbert and right across the street from a coin operated carwash.The same guy that owned this house had a few others ,his rates were reasonable and he was very nice and informative.We rode the trails between Gilbert and Man,I think it was the Browningfork section.Go to www.livingoodlodging.com . And you can ride your quads on the city streets,Its very cool going to Mcdonalds on your quad.We stayed for 3 days, once we unloaded our atv's we never got back in our vehicles until we left.
Unfortunately I can't do any vacation until after the last week of May.
If anyone needs any more info let me know .

ciscorc

#67 Post by ciscorc »

Jess, Gilbert was the town i stayed in, and you are right about Bear Wallow being part of the Dingess Rum trailhead. I am definitely open for a ride anywhere at HM.

jesshamner

#68 Post by jesshamner »

gml, that's too bad. We'll just have to coordinate a ride on one of your badlands dates. There should be a good turnout since there are a few cdales in that area too.

cisco, we stayed in the apartments that are next door to the powersports dealership on the main road. I would rather ride the Dingess Rum trails or something else besides Browning Fork. We rode Browning Fork for 2 days during my first trip. My second trip we rode Dingess Rum for about 3 hours. That's about all the ride time we got in on that trip. Or we could go somewhere else. I haven't even seen the other trail heads. I have heard that Waterways is pretty wet. Probably not the best idea if its still cool outside.

ciscorc

#69 Post by ciscorc »

I would also like to try something different than Browning Fork. I spent 3 days on that trail and didn't try any of the other ones, so i am open to any where.

Brad77

#70 Post by Brad77 »

Well since I live in Georgia I would def. come to a group ride in Georgia. I am trying to get my quad put back together now.