New Rumor

Ryanstones

What do I know...

#11 Post by Ryanstones »

I'm just throwing out possibilities and playing with possible american companies. I don't have any more concrete info than the next guy. My local dealer is still telling me Dinli is going to buy.

That Redline sled is sweet and quads would definitely be a good step for them. I'm anxious for some concrete info on the future...Go Cannondale!

smith

#12 Post by smith »

fyi...production is moving to Asia....this is no longer going to be an Ameican made quad! This is something that we must all accept!But, design will pick up where it left off at the point of bankrupcy.

Dale512

#13 Post by Dale512 »

I swear if Dinli bought them I'm gonna throw my C-dale off a cliff.:mad:

NRath

#14 Post by NRath »

Originally posted by Dale512
I swear if Dinli bought them I'm gonna throw my C-dale off a cliff.:mad:

I don't think I would throw it off a cliff, but, it definitely would change things. After all, mine was made in America, by Americans!
:usa

JST

#15 Post by JST »

If I remember correctly the Redline guys also spoke of building a quad sometime in the future.I dunno if it had anything to do with cdale or not.

TricityCdale

#16 Post by TricityCdale »

Well, I am trying to look at it as a positive. To be honest, I don't care WHO buys them as long as they make parts. Like someone else mentioned, mine is an "Official Handmade in the USA Cannondale" so that is all that matters. If parts become as simple as calling a dealer and ordering anything I need, my REAL Cannondale will be running forever!:head: :usa

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

Remember this post?
http://cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showthread...highlight=dinli

I have tried to get people to confirm or deny this with no luck.

CowsBitePeople

#18 Post by CowsBitePeople »

Originally posted by J. Delaney
Is ATK american made??

yeah....Made in the usa i have anatk biggrin.gif

Psychosis

#19 Post by Psychosis »

Ya, made in the US by an Australian. Does that count as American made? :cool:

drbowtie

#20 Post by drbowtie »

Either way you slice it... It's a great design... Although flawed with little detail crap... A+ in design... What I don't get is how the new Yammy 450 is twenty five pounds lighter with a steel frame? Huh? How is that thing going to stay together over the big rumpty rumps?

I will not be throwing mine over a cliff any time soon. I'm waiting for honda to come out with their monster... But, if all they do is grab the crf450 engine. Then I won't be jumping from the C-dale wagon to the Honda wagon... and we don't have a lot to worry about... I rode a CRF450 and I was not impressed... Yeh it's quick but not as quick as I would have thought for a light bike. All told the more I see and ride the more I appreciate my C-Dale who cares where it's built? Why would you? One thing is for sure... if it's manned over seas they will be able to afford the labor and man hours needed to massage out the issues with the engine and bike.

I would like U.S. built but labor unions and heavy Gov't intrusion make "Made in U.S." a near impossible task. Pretty soon we will only be competitive at working the Starbucks counter!