2008 ATK Quad

cdale440r

#1 Post by cdale440r »

i just lost the quad , it was in my house when it burnt to the ground looks pretty bad. the heat was half way up the basement wall so i'm hopin the frame didnt get crazy hot but afraid it did. my hipers didnt have anything wrong with them my tires were fine. I have to rip the cam cover off to see if any of my seals melted. it held all the fluids. plastics werent on the quad so that was a really good thing. but anyway going to be on the market for a quad in a couple weeks once we get building underway and start getting some money.

the new atk sounds pretty bada$$. leager arms, evol, that weapon mx exhaust looks sick. atk seems to be doing some really sweet stuff to the quad. my cannondale was pretty sick i dont really want to buy anything else. planning on mxin it so i figure for the money it is hooked up. some feedback? worth the 11500?

UpsMan

#2 Post by UpsMan »

I think so.

peterock

#3 Post by peterock »

I would say it is as well. Sit down and figure the cost of another 450, rip off half the stock parts and figure in the cost of the top-end parts that come with the ATK. Plus if you want you can specify certain parts like tires.

cdale440r

#4 Post by cdale440r »

why don't people buy atks though? it seems like almost everyone buys up the dales and starts fixing all the problems

peterock

#5 Post by peterock »

Just depends if you want new or used. a lot of people like to buy a cheap used one and make it their own. If you want new, then ATK 08. Probably as simple as that. It's no different then picking up an 06 TRX or YFZ that is all decked out for considerable less.

Besides that, people must be buying new ATK's otherwise they wouldn't still be around. We probably just don't hear from a lot of them as it's an ATK and not a Cannondale and there are a lot of people that never heard of cannondale. If I wasn't in into MX racing, I never would have.

timbomoose

#6 Post by timbomoose »

Definately the way to go if buying a new quad. Decked out right from the factory. Only thing to make sure if purchasing ask to get the z400 bearing in the crank. Will extend crank life 3 fold. They are an awesome machine.

Blasterboy11

#7 Post by Blasterboy11 »

Thats sucks man, sorry to hear it. As long as you put a "C" sticker on it, well let you ride one, lol. It does look sweet though, i want to see what weapon MX is gonna do more with the exhaust.

cdale440r

#8 Post by cdale440r »

they are using the stroked falicon with the 440 in the new ones? i read it on www.atkmotorsports.com. would that make it rev faster than stock cranks with 450 piston or pretty much the same? how do u upload pics on here?

peterock

#9 Post by peterock »

Yes, they have gone to revised falicon cranks.

450blaze

#10 Post by 450blaze »

i have a new atk moto for sale $9000 in south east iowa
319 415 4302