New Rumor

Psychosis

#21 Post by Psychosis »

The Honda 450 is due to be released on September 10 according to ATVNews. It's a CRF450 engine retuned for a quad, sortof like the YFZ. They had a pic of it but it wasn't the real pic, instead it was a drawn pic supposed to represent it's look. Looked kind of like the DVX from Arctic Cat. They said Honda claimed it to be race ready but that's all I know. It's on the ATVNews website.

Dale512

Lets Stir the pot alittle more

#22 Post by Dale512 »

Here is a bit for ya...you guys can take it how you want. Jeffy knows I can become very informed.

the frame rights were bought....and are in pre-production status again...they will be available soon:deal:

the Big Winky owns the rights to the fully updated protomotor and is working on getting things wrung out to start producing.

the electrical is being updated by yours truly with the help of Maz.

IF you are having problems getting parts it is because of two things...one ..you want them free or next day....two...you should do your research and take maintenance seriously.

The YFZ stock for stock with my dale (stock motor) was just a tick slower...it has a great mid to top range (dirt bike engine) vs low-top of dale. It is good to see a frame finally built somewhat strong stock..honda will need some time to work out bugs too.

I will repeat again.....IT AIN'T OVER:hammer:

BTW I got this from exriders, it was posted by DangerRanger

MXMIKE

#23 Post by MXMIKE »

If all is true in Dale 512 post I am going to be veeeeeeeeerrrrryyyyyyy happpppppppppy:clap:

They could do it.This is the best news that I have heard since Cannondale!

TricityCdale

long.......sorrry

#24 Post by TricityCdale »

Interesting, I was thinking that same thing last night. No matter what the Yamaha or Honda has, it will not be "race ready out of the box".

I'll be the first to admit that I have been having second thoughts about my Cannondale lately since it has been down for 2 months now waiting for parts, but when I thought about it and the new quads coming out, I realized what it was that I had.

If the Montgomeries hadn't have had the vision and the balls to think out of the box and put their heart and soul into creating a quad that everyone was wanting, we probably wouldn't even be discussing new Yamahas or Hondas. Now I know some people were pretty down on the Montgomeries for ditching the Motorsport division and treating us like red-headed step children, but they didn't have a choice. And when was the last time you saw the OWNER of Honda or Yamaha at an ATV race? These guys did an amazing thing and it's just too bad it couldn't make it another year or two. The result though, is that we all have bikes and quads that are still more technologically advanced and have just as much power and handling as what Honda and Yamaha are calling "race ready", and that's just our base models. They can't compare to a Moto or Blaze.

The other funny thing is that no one seems to be crying about the Honda's potential price of $7000. But when Cannondale priced one that way, sh*t hit the fan.

One last thought........isn't it interesting how they are now using "Race Ready out of the Box"? Cannondale was ahead of the times!!!!

dawzie

Re: long.......sorrry

#25 Post by dawzie »

One last thought........isn't it interesting how they are now using "Race Ready out of the Box"? Cannondale was ahead of the times!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree. We are putting over $7000 in the YFZ to make it race ready.

saleen_1

#26 Post by saleen_1 »

i heard from a good source,cannondales are going to made again on the west coast of china.????????????

justfine

my 2 cents

#27 Post by justfine »

I don't care where they make them as long as I can get parts. I love my Moto, and I have not found anything I really like better. I really hope something happens. I would really like to be able to get parts!!! Also, this race ready talk is ridiculous. More Dirt Wheels hype. No nerf bars, weak tires, weak bars, not wide enough, and on and on..........

TricityCdale

#28 Post by TricityCdale »

Hmmmmmmmmm............ will it be called a Dinlidale? Try explaining your manhood with a name like that!biggrin.gif

Jaybr

#29 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by TricityCdale
Hmmmmmmmmm............ will it be called a Dinlidale?  Try explaining your manhood with a name like that!biggrin.gif

LMAO, isn't Dinlidale the scottish word for girlieman:cry:

jcv440

#30 Post by jcv440 »

Originally posted by Jaybr
LMAO,  isn't Dinlidale the scottish word for girlieman:cry:

No......that'd be the word Administrator! :eek: :w: