Moto Differences....

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
wayneschofield

#1 Post by wayneschofield »

I'm thinking about putting a quad together for my son to use in the 'stock' class over here... a Moto has to be the thing to use I reckon....

I know the Motos had the wide axle, mag hubs, piggy-back Ohlins and longer A-arms but what was the rest of the spec like such as exhaust? Every one I have seen appears to have an aftermarket pipe but what did they have as stock?

I will be looking to buy some Moto parts if anyone has some....

Haz-Matt

#2 Post by Haz-Matt »

The exhaust was a FMF titaium.

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

Suspension wise you had long travel (LT) Ohlins piggyback shocks up front with +2 1/2" A-arms, ohlins rotary style steering dampner, wider adjustable width rear axle (Black Widow ATV has a deal on these), mag hubs front and rear, wave rotors front and rear, factory nerf bars, rear shock looks the same but was valved slightly different (can do this to any of the other Cannondale Ohlins shocks as well), FMF Ti header and muffler system and shorter tires front and rear with bead lock wheels. The motor was the same but had a different map for moto-x and to compensate for the better exhaust. Don't forget to check for clearance of the tie rods on the frame / a-rms with the LT front suspension. Almost if not all Motos had the steering stem bottom bracket at the very bottom of the stem to cure that problem. The stem is available, but make sure you don't use a early model stem or the tie rods will hit. The Moto had fat bars (1 1/8") and a keyplate instead of an over the bars type housing. It also came with a pingle type kill switch and a set of optional headlight deletes. Other goodies was the factory front and rear number plates. Send me a PM if you need any additional information.

Here is a pic of Deaton's old Moto, it was super clean!

[attachment=6005:post_247...74362209.jpg]

thedeatons

#4 Post by thedeatons »

Hey KPUNK! Why are you using my picture of MY Moto!!!

Motos are lovely. I converted my wife's Glamis to a Moto suspension. The best ever....

Once you ride a Moto, you will NOT be able to ride a stock Dale again. Everything else is just uncivilized.

wayneschofield

#5 Post by wayneschofield »

Cool! Thanks for the info guys.

What sort of db's are the Ti pipes, does anyone know?

Does anyone stock the cans new? (I have the header)

Can decal sets still be had? (I know it's not neccessary but it would save me answering the 'What quad is that' question fifty times a meeting)

I guess Hipers are the best rim option.....? (wheels and tyres are free in the reg's)

kdeal

#6 Post by kdeal »

Go with the Hipers. I may have a set of Moto decals we can get copied.

thedeatons

#7 Post by thedeatons »

I have a full FMF Ti I wil sell you. I got it new from Black Widow and have about $450 invested in it. I just saw one sell on Ebay for $500 used. Let me know if you are interested. I have the header, can, FMF exhaust springs, tapered endcap (just like in the picture of mine above), stainless steel clamp (Wistech style) and long can mounting bolt (no aluminum spacer included).

If you really want to make it look like a Moto, actually just like the Moto above, I have that exact set of plastic off it. Front, rear, side spars, headlight covers. I will throw in a brand new set of authentic Scott Moto grips (now discontinued), a set of ShockPros shock covers (American flag style), and a pair of authentic Moto nerf bar nets. The plastic was used for one season in the sand, and is still in VERY good shape. I can get you pictures if you need.

I can give you a deal on everything as a package deal. Anything else you may need I might have too.

Canniboomer

#8 Post by Canniboomer »

I have the Ti-4 silencer, Quiet core, and the Moto OEM hardware/hanger/stand-off kit (with harder bolt to prevent sag cracking),...new.... $235.
The new style Ti-4 stubby-snout outlet is black-anodized, and Very sharp looking,... and is included.
The old style cone-type end cap is still available, but extra. pacrimdm@msn.com

peterock

#9 Post by peterock »

Wayne,

I believe the stock Moto exhausts are on the loud side. I believe they have tested around the 104db mark.

thedeatons

#10 Post by thedeatons »

Mine has an FMF Quiet Core that goes with it. Gets it into the 90s, I have a dB tester here that we used to test it.