carbon fiber axle

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
4strokemadman

#21 Post by 4strokemadman »

Claas900,

The motor had smaller intake valves, modifications to the throttle body and a different airbox.

claas900

#22 Post by claas900 »

4strokemadman,that much more mid and bottom end with just tho few changes? Cool....I had head about a 454cc Cannon had running around,I guess it was on race gas??...and on the pavement it would run with a 520 Shee??? Do you know anything about this?..

And as for the aluminum upper and lower a-arms,Id heard that John Aren's was the one makeing them for Cannon?...In fact I think he already had them made?

4strokemadman

#23 Post by 4strokemadman »

The 454cc machine was a drag only machine running on race gas with an ungodly compression ratio. Brian Dively and Dale Wells put it together, they worked for Cannondale in Bedford. I know it was really fast but I never actually witnessed it race.

The aluminum A-arms, the upper was designed by a guy named John Guelcher. I designed the lowers.

The second generation cannibal A-arms were pretty much Johns design with a few tweaks made by a guy named Mark Laplante. I designed the moto a-arms.

JeffQuadShop

#24 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Madman......what are you doing for a job now if you don't mind me asking?

claas900

#25 Post by claas900 »

Jeff@QuadShop i think he's a teacher for Cannondaleriders?..biggrin.gif Great job but very low pay..lol....Thanks for all the info Madman..

4strokemadman

#26 Post by 4strokemadman »

I work for Fox Racing Shox as a development engineer, and I do design work for various aftermarket companies (anything that isn't a shock, no conflicts of interest ya know?) .

JeffQuadShop

#27 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Thats awesome!

haydug

#28 Post by haydug »

Jeff@QuadShop i think he's a teacher for Cannondaleriders?.. Great job but very low pay..lol....Thanks for all the info Madman..

Just look at all the love this guys got now, we all love him.biggrin.gif
Now, if he can just design us some awesome race shocks for our quads, he will be like god.biggrin.gif
honestly, thanks for the info madman, the only problem with you telling us all this is it just makes us want more. But we already have the best quad ever made, and we DO owe alot of it to you.:bow:

4strokemadman

#29 Post by 4strokemadman »

Thanks guys. It means a lot really. I spent almost a year away from my wife designing the quad with another engineer Joe Bria. After we had the design done every single person that worked on the project from people on the line to Joe Montgomery, everyone put their heart and soul into that product line as well as the motorcycles. I have never seen such devotion to anything, by so many people involved, so really it's hats off to all of Cannondale motorsports. The people made it happen! And you guys did to. I made sure that the engineers in my group listened to every complaint and compliment so after the FX400 it sort of evolved even more because of what you guys/gals wanted. It was truly a team effort. :usa

claas900

#30 Post by claas900 »

So much Love Today smile.gif