New Here

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
King_Klutch

#1 Post by King_Klutch »

Alright well some of you may know gml1998, well I'm his son. You may remember the topic of me wanting a YFZ at some point, but that has changed. You may or may not know that my dad has a Cannibal and a Speed. Well he offered me the Cannibal once its done getting all the work done to it (at this point may be fall by the time that comes.) Well I figured I'd be great full for what I have and see what I can do with the Cannibal. I'd like to set it up for a little motocross. So I ask you guys what I should do to it to make it a little race worthy. It already has bars and a pipe. I know I need a tether kill switch, nerfs and numbers but what else just to give it a little more race, lol. Thanks a lot in advance

-Chad

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

Steering dampener, pro peg nerfs, good shocks. Widen it up too.

UpsMan

#3 Post by UpsMan »

Thats about it.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Did you get the head ported when it was at Timbo's? Either way suspension and axle will give you the most speed for MX.

King_Klutch

#5 Post by King_Klutch »

anyone know where to get any race stuff?

peterock

#6 Post by peterock »

Define "race stuff"

thedeatons

#7 Post by thedeatons »

I suggest this setup:

The exact same as a Cannondale Moto...

Front
Long travel front shocks.
Long travel +2 A-arms (equalling +4" total on the front end)
+2 tie rods to go with the wider A-arms
Adjustable steering stabilizer (a great assistant on the track, reduces fatigue)

Rear
Adjustable axle 0 to +4"

Other
Moto nerf bars (true through the frame nerfs, designed and made by Cannondale... Still no one else doing it this way)
Moto/Blaze key plate
Pingel kill switch with tether (mounts in the Moto key plate!)
Moto/Blaze front & rear number plate

The Moto is setup up extremely well. I raced mine a couple times and it did awesome, I failed long before it did. The long travel Ohlins are like riding on clouds.

There are many other brands to choose from, but I personally like going with what Cannondale originally spec'd, just to be original. Cannondale did the suspension right. I have yet to see a stronger A-arm than the Moto a-arm. ASRs fail quickly and some of the off brands are just as bad. Your rear shock is just fine, they are simply valved differently. A gripper seat is an option too...

You are starting with an awesome platform. You can totally Moto-convert a Cannibal for about $2000 if you buy everything nearly new. Once you do that you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

Haz-Matt

#8 Post by Haz-Matt »

Other Moto nerf bars (true through the frame nerfs, designed and made by Cannondale... Still no one else doing it this way)

Not true Some older AC nerfs go through the frame.

You can totally Moto-convert a Cannibal for about $2000 if you buy everything nearly new.

You'll spend that much on a stock used front end. (a-arms and shocks) Not includeing the other stuff you mentioned like nerfs, axle etc.

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »

I've got a set of like new X-Factor pro-peg nerfs and a PEP steering dampner to get you started if you are interested. I also know where a decent set of number plates are that are slightly used but reasonably priced. Let me know.

thedeatons

#10 Post by thedeatons »

Hey Hazmatt,

AC Racing only did their nerfs like that AFTER Cannondale did it, and they didn't do it very long. Not to mention that AC Racing's quality control leaves a LOT to be desired.

You may be able to spend that on a stock front end, but I have seen very nice Moto front ends sell for $1200, from Black Widow ATV even! I converted my wife's Glamis to Moto suspension, so I know exactly how much it costs to do it new or used!