Oil and coolant everywhere!!!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
dedoe188

#1 Post by dedoe188 »

I am having a similar problem as ???????speedracer??????? in a previous post.

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...showtopic=21239

I took my 440 speed to have it fully serviced and tuned up. After about 10 minutes of riding it a mixture of oil and coolant were pissing out the front by the air filter. I thought maybe he overfilled them so I put about half in to see if that was the problem. Rode again???????still pissing. Took it back to the shop and the mechanic told me it was an internal problem, probably the oil pump. He told me it was going to cost about $1,200 to fix. There was NOTHING wrong with the bike before this so I????????m really confused. Any suggestions or recommended mechanic in the Las Vegas area would be much appreciated!!

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Yours is more than likely a cracked sleeve since coolant is blowing out with the oil.Nothing guy did would have caused that unless he got air in coolant system.

Canniboomer

#3 Post by Canniboomer »

Where did you take it?
I would bet the farm that they drained the coolant, and then filled it back up. Sounds good enough, huh?..... Well,.. that's not good enough.
They likely did not know to use the manual bleeder screw at the waterpump cover, or did not verify if the auto-bleeder nipple, if so equipped, was plugged up.
After your ten minutes of riding without any coolant circulating,.......the sleeve most likely cracked as mentioned above.
But, any experienced Cannondale shop would know better. If not experienced, that info is easily researched and available in the owners manual.
Tough break, man.

dedoe188

#4 Post by dedoe188 »

I took it to "Quad Mania" here in Las Vegas. It's not a known cannondale shop but claimed he knows how to work on them. Thanks for the insight, I am going to call him and ask if he did the things you guys mentioned. I don't know or heard of anyone who specializes in cannondales here in vegas. Does anyone know of a shop around vegas, arizona, or southern calif? Thanks!

thedeatons

#5 Post by thedeatons »

Nick Granlund lives in Vegas.... I would imagine he still knows something. If you find him tell him to post something!!!!

dedoe188

#6 Post by dedoe188 »

Thanks for the help! Nick Granlund...lol...yeah that would be nice!

After fooling around with this for the past few days I've decided to dump it cheap rather then fix it. Here is the ad...

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...showtopic=21335

Any other suggestions or comments would be great!

Thanks!