Taking the c-dale plunge

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
desertbound

#1 Post by desertbound »

I have come up on a great deal for an 03 glamis. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow. I'm coming from a fully built YFZ that I built from the ground up. I don't think there are any updates that have been performed, and I know for a fact that it needs a new starter. I'll know more tomorrow. I'd really appreciate it if you guys could give me a hand in pointing me in the right direction for upgrades and some deals on replacement parts. I am a really active member on yfztech, and am looking forward to adding some technical info to this site once I get the handle on the dales internals.

I'll add some pics as soon as I get it in my hot little hands. I'm really looking forward to building a one of a kind Dale like I have done to my past bikes.

Here is my YFZ that I just sold.

[attachment=6256:sand1.jpg]

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow that was a awesome looking YFZ cant wait to see what you do to the Glamis!

Its really rare to hear of a starter failure on a Cannondale. Are you sure its not the One-Way bearing?

For Power talk to Timbomoose(Matczak Machining) He owns this site. Porting,pistons,strokers etc.

For parts I like to support Canniboomer and Peterock since they are most involved in helping folks on the site here. Others are BlackWidow and ATK.

As of now Optimum supports our fuel injection but working on getting a Power commander for easier tuning.

desertbound

#3 Post by desertbound »

Well, he has told me this morning that it is completely stock. I have told him I'll take it. I can't pass it up for the price he is asking. He said it is the starter, but I'll know more when I pick it up. I'm going to go with a 505 stroker motor in this thing with all the updates. You guys will be seeing a lot of me and I have some awesome plans already.

thedeatons

#4 Post by thedeatons »

Make sure you either run the Glamis plastics as is, or put them away in a bag, including the seat. I say that because of their rarity. Looks like you enjoy custom artwork, and there are plenty of blank canvases to work from, rather than modifying one of the rarest Cannondale bodywork known. Just a thought anyway.

PM me your email address and I can send you a spreadsheet that includes needed updates and approximate costs.

desertbound

#5 Post by desertbound »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ May 12 2008, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Make sure you either run the Glamis plastics as is, or put them away in a bag, including the seat. I say that because of their rarity. Looks like you enjoy custom artwork, and there are plenty of blank canvases to work from, rather than modifying one of the rarest Cannondale bodywork known. Just a thought anyway.

PM me your email address and I can send you a spreadsheet that includes needed updates and approximate costs.

I realize the rarity of the glamis plastics. I will be keeping them. I have been specifically looking for a Glamis for a while now. Most of the changes will be updates, and cosmetic color stuff. But when I'm done, it will still stick out as a glamis. I'm really excited now.

kdeal

#6 Post by kdeal »

When you get it post the VIN number on the front near the bumper and I will give you some specs on it. There were only 55-56 ever made!

Welcome and enjoy the ride. tongue.gif

Canniboomer

#7 Post by Canniboomer »

For one-of-a-kind machines, any Cannondale will qualify these days.
But, nothing can match running a Glamis at Glamis! You will really draw a crowd there, and rightfully so.
Welcome to our world.

speedracer

#8 Post by speedracer »

If I had a Glamis it would have a orange powder coated frame,black swingarm,nerfs and a-arms!Maybe chrome stem.You would need sunglasses to look at it.

desertbound

#9 Post by desertbound »

Here we go guys. I'm so excited!!! It's in a little worse shape than I had hoped, but it is really all cosmetic. The guy didn't know what he had and I got a steal on it. He painted the headlight covers black, so that is gonna get stripped and restored to the original orange. It looks like it sat in the sun for a little while and the seat cover has some tears. If anyone knows were I can get a stock glamis seatcover, please let me know. He also put the wrong offset honda rims on the front and they tore into the a arms. I'm gonna put some +2's on it, so no big deal there. He just really didn't care. So I'm gonna fix her up and she will be better than new. I need a one way bearing and a motor update kit. I'll get that taken care of in the next few weeks. Then I'll turn to widening it out and making it pretty. Any parts you guys have that you think I might be interested in, please feel free to contact me. you are gonna hear from me a lot, and I'd actually like to get a build thread going once I have some parts here and a direction I'm gonna go with it.

For those curious this is the vin. 5B6GD31G43B000007

Title says it was originally bought in 2002

Here are some pics. The guy threw crappy tires on it because he wanted the paddles for his 450r. No big deal. For $1,000 I'm not complaining. I wasn't gonna run the paddles it came with anyways. Any feedback you guys can give me good or bad is greatly appreciated.

[attachment=6257:can1.jpg]

[attachment=6258:can2.jpg]

[attachment=6259:can3.jpg]

[attachment=6260:can4.JPG]

[attachment=6261:can5.JPG]

thedeatons

#10 Post by thedeatons »

That's a nice one for $1000! Too bad about the seat. Boomer may be able to hook you up, he definitely has new orange headlight covers, I don't know if I would spend the time stripping those.

In case you didn't know Boomer restores Dales and sells them. He is pretty much the Glamis collector here, so if you need stuff in orange, that's where to go.

Don't forget to powdercoat the hubs safety orange like I did, it really ties the color pattern together! P.S. Moto front hubs are magnesium for lighter weight.