clutch help

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
first cannondale

#1 Post by first cannondale »

My clutch master cylinder got all messed up so I got a different one and tried to bleed it but it will not engage the clutch. Any ideas, am I doing something wrong? Please help

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

When you are bleeding it, make sure that you "pull" the lever as far as you can away from the bars on the outstroke. This enables you to get more leverage when bleeding the system. Also, are you sure you did not break the slave cylinder instead? What happened that you think the master is bad?

first cannondale

#3 Post by first cannondale »

I flipped the atv and ripped the lever off and took a big chunck out of it. So that's why a had to get a new one. I took the slave out and it is all together.

first cannondale

#4 Post by first cannondale »

It's like the clutch rod is not touching the slave cyl. where the little metal ball is. Is the piston in the slave cyl. supposed to be pushed to the little snapring? You can push the piston back and fluid squrts out. I don't know. thanks

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

You are just having a hard time bleeding the master. Sometimes when they dry out it can be a real pain. Have you tried backbleeding it with a syringe?

rayspeed

#6 Post by rayspeed »

May have to bleed the master like you do on a car.... remove line and fill master, pull lever and hold finger over it when it returns so it does not suck air, repeat untill it gives you a good squirt everytime you pull it.
Syringe method would work also and somewhat better if you have the right stuff.
Ray

first cannondale

#7 Post by first cannondale »

I got it to bleed after pumping and pumping. Thanks for all the help. thanks Doug

kdeal

#8 Post by kdeal »

Doug,

Are you coming to the group ride?

first cannondale

#9 Post by first cannondale »

i would like to, but start new job on monday. dont know if i have to work saturdays or not. i will let you guys know though.