A glimpse into my world

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
peterock

#11 Post by peterock »

You could make some sort of wishbone bracket coming back from the top shock mount bracket and then weld a mount to the side of the swingarm. Or two mounts, one on each side with smaller profile shocks, to maintain the stability?

desertbound

#12 Post by desertbound »

That would be pretty trick.

SlOoT

#13 Post by SlOoT »

For a centermounted muffler a W-tec rear suspension setup would be perfect. Perfect straight and short headers.

desertbound

#14 Post by desertbound »

QUOTE (SlOoT @ May 29 2008, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For a centermounted muffler a W-tec rear suspension setup would be perfect. Perfect straight and short headers.

I rode one of those W-tec eraseres with the ktm motor in it. Was the most powerful and nimble quad I have ever put a leg over. My brother,(who is a pro quad racer) got to demo one at Jeremy Schells private track and I just happened to be there. Crazy fast. They take a while to get used to. I think they would be the perfect quad for flat track or TT racing.

Speed 1B

#15 Post by Speed 1B »

I run a marvin shaw so my next exhaust should be almost straight out the back with a different gas tank.

My duals are as straight as we could possibly make them with the marvin so they are already straighter than probably any c-dale exhaust.

peterock

#16 Post by peterock »

QUOTE (SlOoT @ May 29 2008, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly what I was trying to explain.

cobradaler

#17 Post by cobradaler »

i talked to NMOTION today and theve got some cans left, im going to make a deal on what they have left, if anybody wants a dual set-up or just want a can or a single exhaust system let me know, i also talked with M4 today and the only way to get any cans from them is to order 100 at a time, way to expensive for me. so i guess after the NMOTIONS are gone ill only have the c-dale logo ones.

desertbound

#18 Post by desertbound »

So I got the can today. I quickly bent a midpipe up, but I can't do anything final until I get my spacers. I want to make sure the can doesn't hit the caliper. Especially seeing as it's aluminum. This thing is light, and it came shrinkwrapped in plastic. That was nice. No scratching it up while I am making the midpipe. It looks like it's gonna be a nice exhaust. I'll post more when I get it finished.

Here are some pics:

I need to add a mounting point for the rear subframe mount, but I'm not sure how I'm gonna do it yet.

[attachment=6413:pipe1.JPG]

The can.

[attachment=6414:pipe2.JPG]

Can and midpipe

[attachment=6415:pip3.JPG]

67z400

#19 Post by 67z400 »

Sweet that looks good. Good luck biggrin.gif

desertbound

#20 Post by desertbound »

Thanks. I'll post pics when finished. The midpipe is just a piece of stainless I had laying around. It's not even the right OD for the header. I just wanted to get something bent in approximately the right place.