Woods Racing, need to refuel?

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
UpsMan

#1 Post by UpsMan »

I'm entering a harescramble this weekend. It lasts an hour and a half. Will I need to stop and refuel during the race? I have a 450 with Timbo porting.

thedeatons

#2 Post by thedeatons »

We go at least three hours in the sand dunes, wide open climbing big hills. That's with 432s, 450s, and 460s, some Timbo ported. We get home with plenty left. Hope that helps.

I would take a Camelback full of gas and sell it to the Banshees that run out halfway. You might make some good money!!

UpsMan

#3 Post by UpsMan »

Three hours, wow, thats lots better than I was expecting. I really had no idea. I usually only ride 10-15 minutes at a time, and thats on a mx track.

UpsMan

#4 Post by UpsMan »

For the banshees, maybe I should bring a tow strap?

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

laugh.gif

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

our harescrambles are 2+ hours and I make it fine on a full tank. I usually have about 20% of my fuel left at the end of the race.

UpsMan

#7 Post by UpsMan »

Excellent. That is good to know. Now I need to find another excuse to pit. I could come in and tell everyone, "Its making a funny noise so I thought I'd come in and grab some water and check it over."

jesshamner

#8 Post by jesshamner »

I agree. I have never had to refuel during a race and my total times have been as much as 3:05:00.

Canniboomer

#9 Post by Canniboomer »

...first 'dale trip to Glamis, my son and I got all turned around coming back at night. Using a radio tower beacon near Yuma for a landmark, we were nearly 3 hours out before I realized we had entered restricted tortoise habitat (or maybe it was reserved for the spotted Sonoran Gecko!, I dont recall). After a time, I could finally see ANOTHER beacon about 10 miles away -- heading back toward that instead for many miles and never seeing other ATV tracks, we then spotted yet ANOTHER beacon -- sheesh! Anyway, the last half hour was spent towing in his Warrior, and we finally made it back on the Cannondale, with a few ounces of fuel to spare. I felt dumb of course, but was really amazed at the Cannondale fuel range.

thedeatons

#10 Post by thedeatons »

If you use a Camelback Mule (100 oz. bladder) you should be fine for three hours. I believe some have an even larger bladder than that. You could do some serious catch-up by never pitting ya know....