Need more Octane

jinx44

#31 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Jul 16 2008, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have had problems with the LM1? I love mine, and no issues so far!

Yep. I have two of them here that don't work. One reads about 1 point rich, and the other bounces from 4:1-100:1. I have tried everything I can think of. Updating firmware, checking voltage, etc. I need to send them in, but I am afraid of having problems again. Zeitronix is what I will get next.

Speed 1B

#32 Post by Speed 1B »

Very interesting. I'm a big NHRA fan too, but I'm alot more into Prostock and Prostock bike. Much more realistic in my oppinion.

Yeah the guy at VP told me that the c25 NHRA fuel wasn't any better than the C14+ that I bought. Stand-up guy in my opinion. Could have told me c25 is all that would work.

jinx44

#33 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (Speed 1B @ Jul 16 2008, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very interesting. Im a big NHRA fan too, but im alot more into Prostock and Prostock bike. Much more realistic in my oppinion.

Pro-mods are more my flavor. But you won't see them on TV because they are still more privately owned racers. Not big teams.

Speed 1B

#34 Post by Speed 1B »

Btw...Since I got some fuel we are hittin' the dyno sunday morning. 65+ should be able to get done.
Gonna try it with some oxy fuel too.

2mike18

#35 Post by 2mike18 »

that nhra and nascar info is interisting. How much of a gain is there on a dale motor for erery point you add in compression? is there a rule of thumb like 1 compression point is 2hp?

cannondale27

#36 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes very interesting and eye opening.Only question I have is what about safety and $.If the vehicles were allowed to develop in response to competition with no limits wouldnt we see more people killed and see more of the one with most $ win?I am all for constant development but that drive for beating next guy is too much to resist.You would see guys with RetroRockets at the drags!

moto440

#37 Post by moto440 »

ok 27 so when can i get in on the stock motor upgrade testing program smile.gif my stock moto could use it at the track!!!

and jinx good to hear about the meth kit on your mustang i am planning to put one on my z28 if i ever finish putting the motor back together, keeping it a streetable 11 psi but i cant wait to see how much the meth helps out

jinx44

#38 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Jul 17 2008, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes very interesting and eye opening.Only question I have is what about safety and $.If the vehicles were allowed to develop in response to competition with no limits wouldnt we see more people killed and see more of the one with most $ win?I am all for constant development but that drive for beating next guy is too much to resist.You would see guys with RetroRockets at the drags!

While I agree to a point, I think a lot of those questions would be solved by having to run current production engines. As manufacturers change engines, then it would be back to the drawing board. Plus, take the current Ford V8 (nicknamed "modular") for example. 4.6L (281ci) and 5.4L (331ci). The MOST these engines can be taken to is 324" and 380", compared to the engines Nascar is currently using that can be taken to 450+ inches. The engines NHRA uses can be taken to well over 700. Granted they are not allowed to run them that big, but when there is enough material to handle big inches, the engines are easier to keep together. Trying to make big power with a modular would be hard.

cannondale27

#39 Post by cannondale27 »

Production based would work.The factory "works" is way more technological advancing though.