Destruction...

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
cool_dude_dotcom

#11 Post by cool_dude_dotcom »

I also had that happen first ride after brake in. I just spent $2,995 to get it rebuilt by Canniboomer "well his neighbor Eric" . I had about 10 hours on the fresh motor and it cracked in two. He blamed it on my Falicon crank having side wobble. When he rebuilt my motor He checked the crank and said it had a little movement but was still in spec. and he went ahead and installed it. So i took it back up to him after it broke thinking he would have any sort of good work ethics and fix his screw ups.....but now he raped me for another $1,500, 8 more months of " it will be done next week....in two weeks...maybe next month". I now have it back and put together but i need to get parts to fix the axle that seized up just sitting at his house. The motor runs...for now...hopefully this one doesn't brake.

But any ways good luck getting it back together....don't send anything to Dave unless you want it back in 2010.

Canniboomer

#12 Post by Canniboomer »

...about the motor from cool_dude?,...... that first job was only $1444 for the motor-portion....to recover the motor after the kid had never even primed the impeller after his DIY Falicon job.

Since then, Tim knows the whole situation with the Falicon..... I'm thankful that Tim finally agreed to rebuild it (thanks Tim), and it's likely the last one he will ever want to mess with.

Happyboy

#13 Post by Happyboy »

How do people expect anyone to warrenty quad motors? Was there a question of workmanship? Did you find something wrong with it that was obviously Dave's fault? As for how long it takes, its sad but true the special parts for these machines take forever to get. But, if you wanted it fast you could have gotton stock parts.

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

I believe Timbo has said anything to do with Falicons there is not even a hope of it surviving much less a guarantee. There are just too many issues with them including hug amounts of flex.No way to fix that since its the basic design of the crank.