Glamis almost ready

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
desertbound

#1 Post by desertbound »

Just waiting on the throttle body. Should be running by the end of the week.

Boomer tank and fuel line mod. Also have added the boomer intake

[attachment=7376:glami1.jpg]

Powercommander

[attachment=7377:glami2.jpg]

Carbon fiber exhaust

[attachment=7378:glami3.jpg]

Almost looking finished

[attachment=7379:glami4.jpg]

Hopefully I'll get the TB within the next day or so and I can start her up this weekend. I need to add coolant and bleed the system, (any tips??), wire up the powercommander, and install the battery. Other than that I just need to add some race fuel and press the button. I'm getting excited.

thedeatons

#2 Post by thedeatons »

Bleeding should be easy with the self bleed nipple you have, just pump the hoses for a while. During rides you always want to check the bottom right radiator outlet for heat, telling you coolant is pumping.

Push the button a few times first, to prime the fuel rail. Usually 3 primes, then a 3-5 second button push. If no start, begin ritual again. Remember to adhere to the heat cycling referred to in the owner's manual for break in.

By the way, nice rusty sprocket washer.... LOL... I had to point out something since the rest of the quad is so clean!!!

desertbound

#3 Post by desertbound »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Oct 29 2008, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bleeding should be easy with the self bleed nipple you have, just pump the hoses for a while. During rides you always want to check the bottom right radiator outlet for heat, telling you coolant is pumping.

Push the button a few times first, to prime the fuel rail. Usually 3 primes, then a 3-5 second button push. If no start, begin ritual again. Remember to adhere to the heat cycling referred to in the owner's manual for break in.

By the way, nice rusty sprocket washer.... LOL... I had to point out something since the rest of the quad is so clean!!!

laugh.gif Yeah, that is getting replaced. I think I'm gonna try 14-38 gearing. Just need to get the new sprockets.

thedeatons

#4 Post by thedeatons »

Holy cow, you must like top speed eh? We ride dunes and all run 13/44.... We like wheelies.. smile.gif

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Looks awesome!

67z400

#6 Post by 67z400 »

Looks great. You do good work!

desertbound

#7 Post by desertbound »

Thanks. I already know how my next dale is gonna look too! Ha ha haaha.

desertbound

#8 Post by desertbound »

So my rebuild journey is now finally over. I'll be taking it on it's maiden voyage to Glamis this saturday. So far it is running really well. I'm really impressed with the throttle response and the low end is amazing. I haven't had a lot of room to open her up, but that will change this week.

A very big thank you to the following:

Caniboomer - Dave has provided lots of advice, parts, and he is just an all around good guy.

Cannondale27 - Steve has been awesome too. Gone out of his way to help me out and found some problems I missed.

Kdeal - Ken has provided quality parts

Peterock - Pete went out of his way to figure out the powercommander for these machines and that is awesome in my book.

And of course, everyone on this site. The advice and conversation has helped me a lot. Thank you very much. Pictures of the Glamis in Glamis to come asap.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Did you dyno it?

desertbound

#10 Post by desertbound »

It will be dyno tuned this friday morning. I'll be sure to post the graphs.