Glamis almost ready

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

Cool! Hope it gets around 60hp!

desertbound

#12 Post by desertbound »

Glamis has been dyno tuned, and I took it out for a ride today. Met up with Rayspeed in the sand. Quad ran great, then...........

My battery hold down came loose and arc'd against my battery. It shorted out my battery and I lost all power. Had to be towed back. Hopefully the battery is the only problem. I actually got it to fire up and run great, it just had no juice. I'm pretty confident that a battery will fix the problem. It had so much power and I could feel it getting even faster as it was breaking in.

A HUGE HUGE HUGE thank you to Rayspeed for not only towing my bike out, but first going back to camp and getting a spare battery he had. We just couldn't get it to fit so decided to tow the glamis out. Then he invited my brother and I to stay for lunch. We would of but I broke the glamis and on the way back I snapped one of the propeg mounts off my brothers 450R. We had enough punishment for the day. Ha ha ha.

Here are a few pics I took while Ray and his friend were being awesome and running back to camp for us.

[attachment=7499:glamissand.jpg]

[attachment=7500:glamissand2.jpg]

[attachment=7501:glamissand3.jpg]

BTW, It dyno'd at 57 hp 36 ftlbs tq. Held steady at a hare over 13 AFR after minimal tweaking on the powercommander. There was virtually no midrange dip and was still making power at the 10K rev limiter.

The dyno is notorious for ready high by 4 hp or so. I'm sure after really having some timing adjustments I could get a "true" 57hp.

I'm supposed to get the charts through email on monday. I'll post them as soon as I get them. Also, It was dyno'd as I ride it. Only real difference is that the front clip was off so the operator could access the Powercommander.

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Dang was hoping for 60hp.Got any Oxygenated gas for next time?Either way not bad eh?How did it do against the Honda?

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

Dang was hoping for 60hp.Got any Oxygenated gas for next time?Cam Timing will definitly help.Either way not bad eh?How did it do against the Honda?

desertbound

#15 Post by desertbound »

I can pick up some U2 oxy fuel. I just need to make sure it has enough octane.

Those numbers were before cam timing. They were in stock position. Either way, I'm extremely happy. I'm positive it is faster than my yfz and definately has more usable duning power. I could never pull 4th gear wheelies with my yfz. Believe it or not the dale handles better in stock form than my full long travel yfz did. I am in love with the no link rear end.

Also, I can't believe how loud the intake is. I can hear it over my exhaust.

I never got a chance to race my bother. I built his motor though. It's a simular build to my motor. HC 450 with an epoxy ported head. He also has a cam in it from Dasa. He swears I would of whooped him, but we never got a chance. It wouldn't of been fair anyways, he had his holeshots on because his sand tire rims are at the powdercoaters. He's 60lbs lighter than me so maybe the playing field would of been even. Ha h ha.

Rayspeed has a really nice pair of Speeds. One was a timbo stroked 450 that we were gonna compare, but I had the battery problem before that happened.

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Always worried a bit about that battery holddown.Glad battery didnt blow up when it happened.At least you got to ride some.Hopefully next time you will get more.How did the dyno tuning go?Was it close?Did they use Tuning link on it?

desertbound

#17 Post by desertbound »

No tuning link. The map you put in the ECM was actually a tiny bit rich. Low end was a tiny bit fat. It was so close that the dyno operator asked if I really wanted him to make a map for the powercommander. Took the operator 30 minutes and 3 pulls to get everything tuned in nicely. We then did 2 max power runs.

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow that went well then.Great news.Us guys are chomping at the bit to get down to Glamis and meet up with you all.I have a feeling this Christmas I am going to be thinking about the trip rather than Christmas!Dec 26th we are on our way.Please stop posting these dune stories till then laugh.gif

mydreamride

#19 Post by mydreamride »

That still a real good number even if the dyno is reading high. My HC 450 dale motor is 56hp and 35ft but its staying home for the trip to glamis. But I may have a different opinion on the yfz with long travel handling worse than the dale (atleast mine) and they both have LT, especially when comparing rear suspension. I just prefer riding the yfz more for many reasons. I know my 06 yfz can pull a 5th gear wheelie with stock gearing but maybe not in the sand though

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

I think the YFZ is going to be playing catch up even to my little 432cc!