Glamis almost ready

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
cannondale27

#21 Post by cannondale27 »

Hey MyDreamride you will have to try My PEP rear and Custom Axis front. YFZ is good but not great suspension wise.

desertbound

#22 Post by desertbound »

QUOTE (mydreamride @ Nov 15 2008, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That still a real good number even if the dyno is reading high. My HC 450 dale motor is 56hp and 35ft but its staying home for the trip to glamis. But I may have a different opinion on the yfz with long travel handling worse than the dale (atleast mine) and they both have LT, especially when comparing rear suspension. I just prefer riding the yfz more for many reasons. I know my 06 yfz can pull a 5th gear wheelie with stock gearing but maybe not in the sand though

Most of my problem with the wheelies was the extended swinger. Don't get me wrong, the yfz was awesome. I'm just really happy with the dale. Sand is a completely different monster as opposed to dirt. I feel I have set my glamis up pretty darn near perfect so far. I was really enjoying myself today.

thedeatons

#23 Post by thedeatons »

I have used tiny bungee cords with great success over my batteries before. I have the stock strap on now, but that bungee worked awesome, and never came off. I should post a picture of it.... Lots of jumps with it, 50' jumps at least...

mydreamride

#24 Post by mydreamride »

QUOTE (desertbound @ Nov 16 2008, 06:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most of my problem with the wheelies was the extended swinger. Don't get me wrong, the yfz was awesome. I'm just really happy with the dale. Sand is a completely different monster as opposed to dirt. I feel I have set my glamis up pretty darn near perfect so far. I was really enjoying myself today.

I hope you didn't take it the wrong way because I do still like my dale alot (which is mostly why I still have it and boy they are addicting) but the yfz has grown on me over the past two years and been happy with the basic mods bolt on stuff. Looking forward to meeting you in Glamis next month and ride together. Alot of the trails up here are either sand or gravel, not much dirt suprisingly.

desertbound

#25 Post by desertbound »

QUOTE (mydreamride @ Nov 16 2008, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope you didn't take it the wrong way because I do still like my dale alot (which is mostly why I still have it and boy they are addicting) but the yfz has grown on me over the past two years and been happy with the basic mods bolt on stuff. Looking forward to meeting you in Glamis next month and ride together. Alot of the trails up here are either sand or gravel, not much dirt suprisingly.

No offense taken here. I'm just on a high from my recent build. I enjoyed my yfz a lot. Looking forward to riding with you too.

cannondale27

#26 Post by cannondale27 »

I am going to dip my hold downs in rubber. That stuff you can dip tool handles in. Never had a issue but witnessed a shorted battery blow up once and it wasnt pretty. Eardrum damage and acid everywhere.

desertbound

#27 Post by desertbound »

thats a darn good idea. I'm gonna do that.

Kuma

#28 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (desertbound @ Nov 16 2008, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thats a darn good idea. I'm gonna do that.

Brandon,
I'm planning to go out this weekend, if you are interested let me know.
not sure where we'll be camped, usually in wash 2 but next weekend is some sort of LT500 gathering, will likely be joining them.

Nickc711

#29 Post by Nickc711 »

You need to airbrush your helmet orange now.... wink.gif

Canniboomer

#30 Post by Canniboomer »

Awesome results Brandon!

Note, the stock battery strap is isolated from the frame ground, and would not be "arching" against the battery cable, unless the strap is somehow separately grounded to the frame. So, your battery failure may be from some other cause.