Cheesehead Glamis Trip

rayspeed

#121 Post by rayspeed »

I will be heading out friday, you know what to look for. If we are going to wash 2 it is fairly narrow and cozy so it is really easy to find people there. I think since it is not marked really well alot of people overlook it... I usually miss it and end up back tracking from wash 3.

Kuma

#122 Post by Kuma »

[attachment=7760:co3127_1.jpg]
QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 18 2008, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is a cool picture!Pretty in a way.Just look at it and you can see where they can kill ya though.

This one is very unsusal, here's a couple more pics of the same hole to give you an idea of the size.

Crazie

#123 Post by Crazie »

So...everyone will be at wash 2? I can be out as early as the 26th, but I'm going to be wrenching on Dale #1 (#2 is fine) to see if I can have a spare on the "Ready" if anything should go wrong.

I've got a buddy of mine driving down from Phoenix on the 25th, so we'll probably plan to show up around mid day on the 27th.

Kuma

#124 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (desertbound @ Dec 18 2008, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Update!!! I'll be out saturday the 27th. Who is gonna be the first ones there, and what should we look for????

Tow vehicle is dark grey F350, pulling 34' white 5th wheel, I'm bringing the 'dale, red with silver light covers, and a black service honda CR500AF, and the old banshee is coming along too.

desertbound

#125 Post by desertbound »

Cool. I have a 28' fleetwood motorhome. I'll have a flat bed and my glamis(hopefully), and the wifes ex. I will also have my wife. laugh.gif

Kuma

#126 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (rayspeed @ Dec 18 2008, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will be heading out friday, you know what to look for. If we are going to wash 2 it is fairly narrow and cozy so it is really easy to find people there. I think since it is not marked really well alot of people overlook it... I usually miss it and end up back tracking from wash 3.

For those not so familiar, drive down the gravel road that parrallels the RR tracks, you will see the wash marked on the wall where the water flows under the tracks, wash 1 is marled well and water way is made of cement, wash 2 is not marked so well and is made with sand bags, if you see 3 cross's you have passed it and wash 3 is also marked well and made of cement.
Turn into wash 2 and drive at a 90 degree angle to the tracks, if you don't have 4X4 you may want to air down your tires, I have a compressor and the one thing that is still free at the store is air, they have a huge bomb, I mean storage tank in the back.

Kuma

#127 Post by Kuma »

On the list of stuff to bring:
Firewood, you can never have too much!
It won't be as cold as GreenBay but it is nice to sit around a good fire.

mydreamride

#128 Post by mydreamride »

Alright six days to go can't wait. It's below zero with out the wind chill here on the WI/IL boarder with a boat load of snow (already 1.5 feet of snow with another snow storm coming) which wasn't a fun 2 hours to snow blow our driveway. Steve we should just leave now we still can JK. See you guys there

gml1998

#129 Post by gml1998 »

Brrrrrr,it is cold here too. -5 degrees,We've had several inches of snow topped by 1.5 inches of ice.50 or 60 degrees sound like a heat wave.Hpoefully the weather quiets down a bit for the long ride .

desertbound

#130 Post by desertbound »

QUOTE (Kuma @ Dec 18 2008, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For those not so familiar, drive down the gravel road that parrallels the RR tracks, you will see the wash marked on the wall where the water flows under the tracks, wash 1 is marled well and water way is made of cement, wash 2 is not marked so well and is made with sand bags, if you see 3 cross's you have passed it and wash 3 is also marked well and made of cement.
Turn into wash 2 and drive at a 90 degree angle to the tracks, if you don't have 4X4 you may want to air down your tires, I have a compressor and the one thing that is still free at the store is air, they have a huge bomb, I mean storage tank in the back.

I'll have a 150psi porter cable air compressor too. Air won't be a problem. Looks like I probably won't have the Glamis. Just running out of time. I'll still be there though. Should be fun. Maybe I'll get lucky and get it done. We'll see.