Anyone live Near Iowa..../ fuel pump... again

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
motodiseased1

#1 Post by motodiseased1 »

I live in Iowa City, Iowa.... Having alot of trouble with my dale... Could use someone with a lil more experience to lend a hand/ take a peek...

Also, I just thought I had a bad fuel pump cuz it wouldn't stop running. Got a newer, used one and its doing the same thing. Also It doesn't flow any fuel? Should fuel be coming out of the top when its running if i remove the top hose.... It didn't flow fuel with either of the pumps,, Im completely lost and frustrated with this thing.... Im about to see what happens when I put it in front of a train out back....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

2mike18

#2 Post by 2mike18 »

are your quick connect fittings gutted out? I have heard they can cause problems. maybe your not getting fuel from the tank to the pump?

motodiseased1

#3 Post by motodiseased1 »

yup, already eliminated that problem..

UpsMan

#4 Post by UpsMan »

When mine wouldn't quit running, my computer was the problem. You may need a new one, but somebody else here with more knowlege will tell you more.

MX Quad Dad

#5 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Is it possible you have it (electricaly) or the battery hooked up backwards???

speedracer

#6 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Feb 15 2009, 06:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When mine wouldn't quit running, my computer was the problem. You may need a new one, but somebody else here with more knowlege will tell you more.

That was my problem to,I arced the fuel pump and fried the driver in the ecu.Do you have an extra ecu to try?

wayne-1968

#7 Post by wayne-1968 »

I live in iowa burlington my nefew dale was the cpu the pump would'nt quit running.

speedracer

#8 Post by speedracer »

Does the pump just make a loud humming noise when you turn the key on before you hit the starter button?

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »

The fuel pump does not stop running when the fuel pump driver in the ECU goes bad. It's not your immeadiate problem though. You can buy an add on harness to eliminate the problem or buy a new ECU, but that will not keep it from running. Your second problem is definitly fuel related. Double check the quick disconnects. You did gut both ends didn't you? I mean at one point (the male on the hose and the female in the tank). In other words you did all 4 fittings....

motodiseased1

#10 Post by motodiseased1 »

I did gut all 4 fittings, I will check for debris in the lines next I supose.

Speedracer Yea its just mading a loud hummin noise, and no fuel passes through, After a while it will start to seep out of the connecting point on the bottom, I guessing from extreemely high presure.

I just don't make sense that I cant get fuel coming out. Does hose position matter?