Brakes

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
claas900

#11 Post by claas900 »

I'll bet you have a leak somewhere and its letting air in. Have you had them apart?

motodiseased1

#12 Post by motodiseased1 »

brand new from asr....

claas900

#13 Post by claas900 »

I've had more then one time when using a duel line set up I had to use stacked crush washers on the master cylinder. Don't ask me why,but always a leak there. I think I even had one time where the banjo bolt was bottoming out before being tight. Just give it a real close look over. If everything was fine before and the only change was the lines then that narrows that problem down.

MX Quad Dad

#14 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I've allways had the hardest time when starting with empty system. What class900 said is a important starting point. One of the stupid things I do before hooking the line to the master is bench bleed the mastercylinder. the proper way would be to connect a hose to the outlet of the master and run it into a bottle or back into the resivor making sure the end is submerged. But me being to lazy to find a fitting to attach to the master, I just squeeze the lever then place my finger over the outlet and release the lever then after a second i loosen the pressure on the finger over the outlet and squeeze the lever again (this is the stuipid part because the master can genrate enough pressure to penatrate the skin) so if you are like me and don't want to find a fitting Use a cork or something and wear eye protection.

motodiseased1

#15 Post by motodiseased1 »

Still can't get them working... I think im going to start back over from scratch ..... how do i do about puching the pistons out in the calipers, I assume this will make the process more effective?

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Just push them in.

motodiseased1

#17 Post by motodiseased1 »

Alright, And is it a good idea to bleed the master before i start?

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

Wouldnt hurt.I never had to but you never know maybe the seals in master have dried up or something bench bleeding might get them to work.

MX Quad Dad

#19 Post by MX Quad Dad »

allway good to bench bleed the master. when you know the master is building pressure, you eliminate one of the possible problems

motodiseased1

#20 Post by motodiseased1 »

Anyone in the mood to fully explain bench bleeding to me? Not in my vocab yet....