what happened?

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
MyCannibal

#11 Post by MyCannibal »

did you check the connection that goes from the battery to the starter?..make sure it is tight on the post on the starter...mine came loose one time and i had very similar issue.

MyCannibal

#12 Post by MyCannibal »

did you check the connection that goes from the battery to the starter?..make sure it is tight on the post on the starter...mine came loose one time and i had very similar issue.

jake

#13 Post by jake »

okay, i'll try troubleshooting some more. i had it hooked up to a jump pack this morning just in case it was the battry, but same results. and not, the fuel pump doesnt runn at all. it just make a wierd sound.

i'll keep you all posted.

speedracer

#14 Post by speedracer »

Bad Fuel pump driver in the ecu?Maybe bad fuel pump or wiring to the pump?

thedeatons

#15 Post by thedeatons »

They will do that when they are having trouble pushing fuel and are pressurizing. Perhaps your o-rings in the quick disconnects have finally had it? Like I mentioned before, take the quick disconnects out of the fuel lines, then try it. You will just have to splice the lines together.

jesshamner

#16 Post by jesshamner »

I still think the battery was run down while trying to crank it...And that it wouldn't start because of the flywheel. Pull the nut and washer off the flywheel and check to see if the key way is lined up with the C embossed on the flywheel.

jake

#17 Post by jake »

it is not the battery. i have recharged it, changed it with another, and used a jump pack to make sure i'm getting power.

fuel pump seems believable with the way it quit, but i'm still baffled on why the starter won't work now. maybe my solenoid or something went out trying to crank it over, but i'm positive i'm getting a good 12 volts where it needs to be. i didnt try cranking it over all that much, but maybe it was enough to hurt something.

i'm working on it tonight. i'll let you guys know what happens. thanks for all the help.

jesshamner

#18 Post by jesshamner »

I'm not saying its the battery. I'm saying it might be the flywheel. But after reading your first post again it sounds like you tried to restart it only twice after it died. If it started clicking after trying to restart only twice, it might not be the flywheel. If you had been cranking on it and your timing was off because of a spun flywheel then it would eventually run your battery down...which would be an affect...not a cause. A good battery is pushing almost 13 volts btw.

Have you checked to make sure all your electrical connections are tight and corrosion free?

kdeal

#19 Post by kdeal »

Find another grounding point for the negative battery cable. (The motor mount bolt is a good one)

Start with the basics: If you can't jump it on the solenoid with the jump box, try to jump on the starter and a good ground. If no luck the starter is dead. If you can jump it on the solenoid or starter, work backwards.

MX Quad Dad

#20 Post by MX Quad Dad »

did you check if the motor turns over?