Question on Different Cranks and pistons in Dales

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
dune_rider81

#11 Post by dune_rider81 »

QUOTE (claas900 @ Apr 6 2009, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The odds of it having anything Yamaha in it are slim to none. The Fact that winkey touched it means that motor is on borrowed time fact. The very best thing you can do it tear it apart and see what mess he did to it. I don't mean to sound like a downer but I don't know of a single motor built by winkey still going. Motors torn apart from winkey have been messes. Give that bike back if you can,or get ready to walk back from wherever your riding at or tear into that motor and fix it right.

Wow!! I can see you and Mr winkey are best friends...

Why would i give the bike back? That dosnt make since, I didnt buy it from home depot. things dont work like that. If the bike runs fine why mess with it. If it craps out then its time to think about going another route. On the other hand this bike was practly free. i think this bike is worth 200 bucks. Which is what i paid for it. Rolling chassis or not. Nobody can beat that price.

i got this bike with the intentions of it needing a motor swap. But in the end, It started right up after sitting for 2 years. And it sounds great. So as far as i see it, im ahead of the game. Run the piss out of it intil the time comes like deaton said.

Jesse

claas900

#12 Post by claas900 »

I'm not the only one who doesn't like the man. I guess if your going to swap in a different motor anyways then yeah run it tell it blows, but if you plan to keep this motor then its best to fix it before it blows.

dune_rider81

#13 Post by dune_rider81 »

QUOTE (claas900 @ Apr 6 2009, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not the only one who doesn't like the man. I guess if your going to swap in a different motor anyways then yeah run it tell it blows, but if you plan to keep this motor then its best to fix it before it blows.

I agree with you.

jesse

peterock

#14 Post by peterock »

If you ever tear into the motor, or it fails on you let us know. I am curious to know what was done to the motor. I do know he has had a z400 rod installed on our cranks.. May be what is done with this one with a shaved/modified yamaha piston of some sorts.

claas900

#15 Post by claas900 »

200 bucks is a good deal, I just got one for 500 not running.

speedracer

#16 Post by speedracer »

But if you run it until it implodes you might have to go through the pain of rinsing you frame to get all the metal out.

dune_rider81

#17 Post by dune_rider81 »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Apr 6 2009, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But if you run it until it implodes you might have to go through the pain of rinsing you frame to get all the metal out.

Well If it comes to that, then ill deal with it then. Im most likely going to pull the motor out and replace the Piston rings. Since i have all the part numbers that was put in it. Thats how i know it has a yz450 piston. I have all the info that diamond racing gave my friend. Plus its on his website. i confirmed the part numbers from wisco to the pic on his picture. Im 99% sure thats whats in the motor.

Jesse

thedeatons

#18 Post by thedeatons »

I'll bet that after that statement Winky gets well over 100 hits on his website, everyone wondering what the heck he is doing.....

I spoke with him on the phone once and he said that "they" had found the fix for the Cannondale crankshaft problems, but no one wanted to listen, so they weren't going to tell anyone what the fix was...

Jesse, I am hoping you can get a dyno run of that motor somewhere. You mentioned that someone told you it was a 59hp motor, but it had a stock airbox. It would be nice to see what a motor with those crazy mods is putting out...

dune_rider81

#19 Post by dune_rider81 »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Apr 6 2009, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll bet that after that statement Winky gets well over 100 hits on his website, everyone wondering what the heck he is doing.....

I spoke with him on the phone once and he said that "they" had found the fix for the Cannondale crankshaft problems, but no one wanted to listen, so they weren't going to tell anyone what the fix was...

Jesse, I am hoping you can get a dyno run of that motor somewhere. You mentioned that someone told you it was a 59hp motor, but it had a stock airbox. It would be nice to see what a motor with those crazy mods is putting out...

I want to try and find a dyno around town to find that same info. Maybe the crank fix is what i have. I know since then my buddy never had a problem with it. Just burning some oil. thats what makes me think about changing the rings.

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

Are you sure the whole motor isnt a YZ motor?I know he did a few of those.Winky has history here.He is a Pathological liar.I cant think of anything he has ever done right.The guy even claimed to have made SpaceShuttle parts.I hope not!