$14,000.00 Cannibal

cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

If I remember right it was about $7000 each. That one on Ebay is actually a FX400 with red plastic. They were released before they lowered the price on the Cannibals. All I know is if I paid $14,000 for my quad there is no way it would get sold. Especially for a likely $1500 or so!

2000ex

#12 Post by 2000ex »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Oct 1 2009, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I remember right it was about $7000 each.That one on Ebay is actually a FX400 with red plastic.They were released before they lowered the price on the Cannibals.All I know is if I paid $14,000 for my quad there is no way it would get sold.Especially for a likely $1500 or so!

That is when I was trying to find one of those in 2002. I know Cannondale for a very short period was offering remanufactured FX400's with the MC1000 hydro clutch and the ohlins shocks for $5K brand new. From what I recall Cannondale bought the unsold floor models from the 01 machine and rebadged it as an 02 Cannibal after they updated the motor and other items. I remember calling around shops looking for them but nobody seemed to have any. $5K for them new at that time was a steal compared to the $7K for the new models.

I am surprised that he did not say it has 75hp and will do 100mph either...those are my favorite!

Dachshund

#13 Post by Dachshund »

I was very cordial and responded with this:

"I was just calling you out on the original cost. The Cannibals sold for no more than 7K and even the top of the line Moto's were around 12K so If you have a 14K invoice for the Cannibal then it must have been for 2. Sorry to take up your time but I see exaggerated original cost of these quads quite a bit but it usually is someone quoting the Moto price for a Cannibal. Yours is even more than a Moto so I couldn't help but reply. Stephen."

I hope he wasn't duped by somebody. I wouldn't think he made up the invoice as he isn't asking an outrageous price.

fox609x

#14 Post by fox609x »

financing with ext warranty and a lot of accesories? unsure.gif

NRath

#15 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (2000ex @ Oct 1 2009, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is when I was trying to find one of those in 2002. I know Cannondale for a very short period was offering remanufactured FX400's with the MC1000 hydro clutch and the ohlins shocks for $5K brand new. From what I recall Cannondale bought the unsold floor models from the 01 machine and rebadged it as an 02 Cannibal after they updated the motor and other items. I remember calling around shops looking for them but nobody seemed to have any. $5K for them new at that time was a steal compared to the $7K for the new models.

They were called the refurb's. I bought two of them. One in Florida and a year or so later one in VA. First was a cable clutch, the second was hydro. Both came with Arvin's. They were a heck of a deal for the power. I had called Cannondale to find out what dealers had received them to track down the first one. The 2nd I basically stumbled on at my local dealer- new, but in a box.

As for the 14k, I hope the guy didn't get jacked like that! 2 for that price definitely sounds more reasonable!

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Didn't the refurbs come out in '03? Either way none had that style of plastic since Cannondale threw all of it away including the beautiful grey FX plastic. X440s plastic and much more. I filled my truck up with as much as I could when I was there laugh.gif

kdeal

#17 Post by kdeal »

He is forgetting to tell you all about the $7,000 rebate check that came under the seat! blink.gif