DOA engine

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondale27

#71 Post by cannondale27 »

It shouldn't be as bad as the YFZ. Maybe just a inch or two and then only noticeable in dark.

Canniboomer

#72 Post by Canniboomer »

I agree. At the end of long hard rides, the YFZ next to you is always glowing red hot compared to the normal Cannondale.

I would put the HMF quiet core in it, if you don't yet have the ability to tune it with a D&M or visit a Dyno. You could be running too lean, and it's not worth taking the risk with your fresh motor. The 6 db quiet core will help that issue,... I have them in stock, and it gets you more legal in WA, and legal for the Spark Arrest screen.

Deityracer

#73 Post by Deityracer »

I forgot the most important thing..

Thanks for all yalls help!

Deityracer

#74 Post by Deityracer »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 6 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It shouldnt be as bad as YFZ.Maybe just a inch or two and then only noticeable in dark.

it's about 2-3 inches and I only noticed it Tonight.

rayspeed

#75 Post by rayspeed »

I will add that the previously mentioned FMF (not HMF) has the most weight to it but it is real quiet and durable and looks pretty good to.
I have an extra I could make you a deal on if you want to go that way... in fact I got a good toaster and pipe too.
Ray

cannondale27

#76 Post by cannondale27 »

Wistech claims only a 1 hp loss with that can but it depends on the motor. If that old style exhaust is put on anything near stock it really kills the power. Plus they blow out at the seam. I would never run that with toasters available and a much better choice.

MX Quad Dad

#77 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I would have to agree with 27. My Speed is stock and I have the full HMF and I use the stock can when riding on state land and I can tell a differance. I really doubt I would notice if it was only a horse or two.

I don't see how it wouldn't affect a built engine. That thing only has a tiny outlet. Or maybe I'm not talking about the same can.

I was thinking about cutting one of mine apart and opening up the outlet, but figured I would endup as loud as the HMF or louder.

Deityracer

#78 Post by Deityracer »

Looked up backfiring in a search.. out of the exhaust.. coudln't find much

ONLY when cold (the high was 30 here in Seattle) in order to start.. standard prime, then I get a big shotgun blast out of the exhaust. I do it again, and on the 4th crank it starts every time. (done a heat cycle 3 times a day) If I don't prime it just goes on and on.

when it's hot it starts right up every time, as in the 1st or second crank.

UpsMan

#79 Post by UpsMan »

I'm using the toaster now myself. I give it two thumbs up.

Deityracer

#80 Post by Deityracer »

I think I may have handled my problem... I added a restriction (put on the air filter... )and my shotgun blast went away... lets see if it richens it up tonight.

Thanks