New Cannondale Owner, Need Help!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
jesshamner

#11 Post by jesshamner »

Look up Randy Brandt. I think he lives close to you and really knows his stuff. Go over to quadbuilder.com and ask Derno about getting in contact with Randy.

pcleiter

#12 Post by pcleiter »

This is the one on ebay, right? I saw that one about 3 hours before it went. Was tempting - what it went for seems cheap for the outer condition of the bike. Hopefully you get the innards cleaned up and have a sound investment.

PAdalerider

#13 Post by PAdalerider »

Yep this was the silver one from ebay. Im still pretty confident in my guys abilities. He has never worked on a Cannondale, however is very knowledgeable with atv engines. He is willing to learn enough about cannondale to make it a good running reliable quad. I just need a good source for the parts.

claas900

#14 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (PAdalerider @ Jun 9 2010, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep this was the silver one from ebay. Im still pretty confident in my guys abilities. He has never worked on a Cannondale, however is very knowledgeable with atv engines. He is willing to learn enough about cannondale to make it a good running reliable quad. I just need a good source for the parts.

Make sure you print out the manual. It is a lot of help for someone never being into a Cdale motor. But like any other motor do it once and its easy from there.

cannondalemaine

#15 Post by cannondalemaine »

I cant even remember how many times i had to look through the manual when i did the z400 crank and everything in my old stock engine. It came in real handy!!!!!

joep1219

#16 Post by joep1219 »

i agree with every one else, find someone who has done many dale motors! You will really hate life if not, and then the only thing that you will have to say about c-dale is how much they suck! i learned the hard way the first time, and i have had much exp. with 4-stroke motors. my first build by the time it was done cost more then most people spend on entire bikes! just because i didn't take anyones words of wisdom. my motor has ran with out a glitch for over a year, after i had wistech rebuild my own rebuild. i would call some guys here on the site for a price on some help, i bet you would be suprised on how reasonable they are.

........just my 5 cents!