Origin of the Cannondale corporation name.

Dachshund

#1 Post by Dachshund »

First one that gets it right gets a big wet sloppy kiss from Kdeal.

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Already got one so i wont tell. unsure.gif

All aboard LOL

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

Train station in CT. wink.gif

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

It has been posted before.

Dachshund

#5 Post by Dachshund »

Actually, I am looking for a very specific account of when the name was chosen. Not just what it was named after. I don't think many know the story.

cannondalemaine

#6 Post by cannondalemaine »

Wistech your such a gentleman kissing and not telling friends haha. I really dont think i want to guess anything just in case i am right lol.

MX Quad Dad

#7 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I believe one of the rags had an artical. which said something about he was on the phone (can't remeber, with who) at a cannondale train station (CT.????) and needed to come up with a name right then. he looked up and saw the sign.

Dachshund

#8 Post by Dachshund »

That's what I'm looking for. This is from the 84 catalog on page 6. http://sanaandterry.com/cannondale/year/1984/1984.pdf

" How we got our name. In the late summer of 1970 our design studio and workshop were still over the pickle store across from the old station at Cannon RR crossing in lower Connecticut. Mrs. Forrester had just stewed up a "smelly" batch of pickle relish downstairs. We had all the windows open and Jager was barking at the 9:27 from Wilton. We'd been in the place for just two-and-a-half weeks, working day and night, and still hadn't gotten around to putting in a telephone. So Pete Myers (now in our purchasing department) was dispatched to the pay phone across the street to order one. He relayed the particulars and was about to hang up when the operator asked how he wanted the phone listed. Peter paused, looked out over the town green to the rusty cannon inscribed "DALE" , and then back to the old train station. "Why, ah, Cannondale Corporation," he replied"