dang snow!

pcleiter

#11 Post by pcleiter »

We live in Philly but were visiting family in Balto on Christmas Day. Our plans were to travel to SC for another family gathering the day after Christmas. And the weather forecast seemed to support that... until about 4 PM on Christmas Day! After our last stop, we sat in the driveway, car all packed & ready for SC, weighing the risk/reward of our options - return to Philly or head for SC. Our ATVs were already in SC so much of the decision was made rolleyes.gif, but the risk on the roads seemed real. After about 45 minutes debating, we decided to travel fast for SC. We didn't hit snow until the southern part of NC and into SC. But we were able to follow in the wake of a big motor home w/car in tow for most of I-95 and then we just took it easy for the last leg on I-20.

Finding out that we had missed 12" in Philly was a relief. They're probably already pretty well plowed out, but the thought of having had to sit around the house during the storm was daungting.

Happyboy

#12 Post by Happyboy »

Back in North Carolina relaxing on the couch. We got lucky and were one of the few flights out this morning. I picked the 10:20 flight out back on Saturday and am so glad I did. Because the airports didn't re-open until the night before with only outgoing flights allowed there were no planes for the morning flights. Our plane was set to arrive at 9:45 this morning so we got lucky. All the flights before us were canceled and I heard there were major delays in other areas. Got to the car this afternoon and there was still snow on it!! I love winter. I really do and wish for more snow here in the carolinas.

Anyone hear what the PA gov said about the Philly game being canceled? ROFL!! Talk about some balls. Cracked me up.

UpsMan

#13 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Dec 26 2010, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, what an a$$hole. The kids are 5 and 7 and they were gifts for christmas. Its folks like you that really do make the world a bitter and horribly unhappy place. After seeing your posts that were moved by another moderate to the trouble forum you were real close to being put in time out. I am glad I wasn't the one that saw your arguement. Change the attitude in the posts you make please.

Now a weather udpate. Robert and I just got done shoveling the driveway for the first time. Anywhere from 10", with it coming down about 1-2" an hour right now. LOL. We would get done with a section then look back and there would be another inch or so. Tomorrow we will play some more and enjoy the first real snowfall we have experienced in a very long time. I will really enjoy it I am sure but Robert will look back after his frist northen winter and just hate the snow.

Hey, at least I never called anyone an a$$hole. I would think you would be more mature than that, being a moderator and all. I do believe you have just severly broken site rules. Shame on you.

marshall100

#14 Post by marshall100 »

Only way to get about:

Happyboy

#15 Post by Happyboy »

Nice! Looks like fun. You got studs on there?

wistech

#16 Post by wistech »

Ya winter can be just miserable. Look at these sorry souls.

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

Its all melting around here. Sure had fun last 2 weeks.

kdeal

#18 Post by kdeal »

Another blizzard is hitting Denver tonight or tomorrow. Maybe you guys got more coming.

marshall100

#19 Post by marshall100 »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Dec 30 2010, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice! Looks like fun. You got studs on there?

laugh.gif

Nope, and it's the most tail happy thing I've ever been on. Hopeless, but I can get anywhere I wanted to, something which couldn't be said for most of the other motorists in the uk!

Bit nippy though.

If I thought for a split second the snow was going to become persistant enough every year I'd have a snow mobile in a heartbeat.

SlOoT

#20 Post by SlOoT »

tongue.gif