03 Cannondale

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
Bill X_R

#1 Post by Bill X_R »

Have a quad that has sat for ~2years. aside from oil, anyone think I need to worry about something else?

Thanks Much

NRath

#2 Post by NRath »

Pretty quad!

You're timing may have you lucky enough that it wasn't full of the ethanol blended crap we're getting these days. I won't lie, if it were at my house, I'd do a quick visual to make sure the air filter isn't falling apart (check the inside foam). If it's okay, put in a good battery and see what happens. I wouldn't go riding it by any means, but I'd see if it'll start. Whether it does or not, the next things would be tune-up type stuff plus draining the gas. If it ran good, just drain the tank and refill with good gas. Change the oils and fuel filter, clean air filter... If it was stumbling or not wanting to stay running, I'd go ahead and purge the fuel lines of the old fuel, too. Unhook the ecu and hit the pump with 12 volts with the tank return line dumping into a container. You'll have to get through the quick connect by holding in the depresser if they aren't gutted. Then change the plug. Hopefully that would clear it up. If not, I'd suspect fuel pressure regulator or injectors clogged.

I'll bet she's gonna' surprise you! Let us know.

Ohh, and IMO, if that plastic is in excellent condition, pull it off and drop on some red! That black is precious!

Bill X_R

#3 Post by Bill X_R »

Thanks for the info! More of a response than I was expecting - Thanks again.

Also thanks for the comment on the looks. I would be surprised if it has more than 30hrs on it, by wistechs accounts the baffle in the muffler has not broke free of its welds yet - I think he said that happens around 40hrs. The plastic is mint but thats my favorite thing about the quad - so sitting in the garage just looking @ the mint plastic wouldn't do me any good smile.gif

Bill