Automotive diagnostic software scanner tool?

claas900

#31 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (jinx44 @ Apr 8 2011, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They still have a flasher module, and you can modify the circuit board in that module. Or putting a resistor in works too. LOL

Hmm yeah according to the forums they don't have one and ppl just install a resistor. How hard is to the modify the module? Also is there a way to truly turn off the TC? One time we where in the sand and I had it to the wood, and it was going like 8mph at like 1,800 rpms something like that very weak. Some ppl have been haveing problems with the SCT turning on the engine light so who knows.

Dachshund

#32 Post by Dachshund »

When I did LED's on my 97 Wrangler I just modified the flasher. It is a lamp out circuit that needs to be disabled. It was as simple as cutting a solder line on the board. Probably won't help you but I found it: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/modified-f...ghts-22327.html

jinx44

#33 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (claas900 @ Apr 8 2011, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm yeah according to the forums they don't have one and ppl just install a resistor. How hard is to the modify the module? Also is there a way to truly turn off the TC? One time we where in the sand and I had it to the wood, and it was going like 8mph at like 1,800 rpms something like that very weak. Some ppl have been haveing problems with the SCT turning on the engine light so who knows.

Cut the circuit that makes it flash fast if you have a tailight out. This isn't an Edge, but from what I have saw, they are all the same.

Yes, you can permantly disable traction control, but I doubt SCT allows the end user to do it. It would have to be done via a few system switch and parameter changes.

Any idea what codes they are throwing when running SCT?

claas900

#34 Post by claas900 »

Thanks Dachshund and Jinx. Jinx to be honest I'm not sure what codes there throwing, I cant say If I ever even knew? I'll see if I can find something. When I was reading of some problems with SCT and the little hp gain I said F'it I don't need that. Jinx sounds like to truly turn off the TC its going to take 4.5 switches and a Voodoo dance, having it on the factory button would be great wink.gif To be honest the Edge forums ppl don't really sound that smart and they really don't mod there rides. I think I'm still a little to young for there group. I just want it to have 500hp but to be honest it has plenty of hp, I think Ford did a great job with it.

jinx44

#35 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (claas900 @ Apr 9 2011, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Dachshund and Jinx. Jinx to be honest I'm not sure what codes there throwing, I cant say If I ever even knew? I'll see if I can find something. When I was reading of some problems with SCT and the little hp gain I said F'it I don't need that. Jinx sounds like to truly turn off the TC its going to take 4.5 switches and a Voodoo dance, having it on the factory button would be great wink.gif To be honest the Edge forums ppl don't really sound that smart and they really don't mod there rides. I think I'm still a little to young for there group. I just want it to have 500hp but to be honest it has plenty of hp, I think Ford did a great job with it.

It could be like the Nissan GTR. Have a traction control button on the dash, but if you ever hit the button, your warranty is void. LOL

There is more to traction control than just a single parameter, as you can imagine. Even in Mustangs, hitting the button on the dash doesn't completely get rid of it.