Go figure ?

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
Bill X_R

#1 Post by Bill X_R »

Quad was breaking up/cutting out under full throttle. I really was looking hard at the fuel filter thinking that it was starving for fuel at the higher flows. Was about to splice in a fuel line to replace the filter for a "test". But First I started looking around the quad for anything else that might jump out at me. Low and behold when I put the battery in I did not secure/tighten the bolt all the way where it connected to the fuel regulator. Cranked down on the bolt and now its perfect!! I thought once an engine was running the battery no longer had a stick in the fight for running correctly?? Either way I'm effin pump as I thought I had a long road ahead of me for such an odd problem to diagnose.

People can say what they want about these things, but my quad sat for ~3 years due to a bad fuel pump (and no truck anymore). Replaced fuel pump, spark plug, all fluids and the battery - first crank fired up and quit, hit the starter again and it started like the day I got it smile.gif

Also want to give thanks to Neil for the working fuel pump. We had agreed on two working fuel pumps for 50 bucks. When I got the FP in the mail only one was in the box with a note that said "The 2nd pump tested bad" along with that was a 20. Thanks for the honesty!

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

Get yourself some 6mm or 1/4" outside lockwashers (aka star washers) and put them on all of the battery cable hold down bolts. You just find one of the number one culprits in a cannondale with a miss!

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Good catch!Electrical issues can stump even the best of mechanics.