Coolant leaked from vent tube

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
haulinit

#1 Post by haulinit »

I noticed some coolant had ran down the front of the motor the only place I could see that was wet was around the vent tube from the top of the water pump back to res tank. Anything to be worried about? I may have had it on the warm side while riding in the sand.

Thanks
Shawn

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

Look and make sure it did not come out the weep hole on the underside of the head directly under the water pump. (get on the ground and look up there above the water outlet in a recess). If not from there, most likely escaped from too much pressure, then it leaks around the cap of the ressy.

haulinit

#3 Post by haulinit »

ok, I will look later.

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

If it gets too hot, it will leak or boil off from the resevoir cap.

haulinit

#5 Post by haulinit »

The only place that was wet was right where the self venting hose comes off the pipe barb on the water pump housing to the hose returning to the ressy. There was no leakage around the ressy tank cap or main line.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

I bet many guys just have that hose pushed on and no clamps.

haulinit

#7 Post by haulinit »

It is just pushed on no clamp.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

There you go. Its under just as much pressure as rest of coolant system. I saw that on factory quads. Needs clamps.

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »

The factory used just a wire clamp that was installed and removed with just a pair of pliers on the ressy. On the water pump housing it should have came with a used once Oetiker clamp that is pinched on. Cannondale did have a factory bulletin changing the wire clamp to a regular worm clamp. Lesson learned, you still should look at the Cannondale factory bulletins for ideas as well as all the neat stuff we have done post-Cannondale.

haulinit

#10 Post by haulinit »

I try to do as much reading on these as I can, must have missed this problem along the way. Thanks guys