ATK badged C'Dales!

4motoman

#11 Post by 4motoman »

Good information Travis, i have a 2007 atk sm that had the 450 steel liner kit in it that seized tore it down to put 432 kit in it and went ahead and took it all apart. The crank has weld in the hole on the crank, balenced? Crank looks to be the same as my 03 X440 cannondale. While i got it down i`m going to put the z400 bearing in. Is there a way to tell if that has been already done. The bike has 1 hour of time on it. ATK must have had a lot of problems with the 450 kits, i heard many of them seized. thanks

trav

#12 Post by trav »

QUOTE (4motoman @ Nov 29 2011, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good information Travis, i have a 2007 atk sm that had the 450 steel liner kit in it that seized tore it down to put 432 kit in it and went ahead and took it all apart. The crank has weld in the hole on the crank, balenced? Crank looks to be the same as my 03 X440 cannondale. While i got it down i`m going to put the z400 bearing in. Is there a way to tell if that has been already done. The bike has 1 hour of time on it. ATK must have had a lot of problems with the 450 kits, i heard many of them seized. thanks

no way to tell for sure about the crank by looking, until its split apart. but i'd almost guarantee you it has a z400 bearing in it.

4motoman

#13 Post by 4motoman »

Thanks Travis, atk`s are like a christmas present you don`t know for sure till you open them up.

promod

#14 Post by promod »

Travis!, Thanx a Million for all your info and input on the ATK badged C'Dales!, it seems like you know what was going on at ATK at that time period, and was all pretty much confirmed by a inside connection freind that knows you! just hope if i buy this '07 ATK bike i will be a lucky one and get a good one without to many updates to have to put into it and to quote you "and hit a bulls eye and not take one in the foot or my eye! laugh.gif , Ciao and Thanx a Million Again!