Herrmann MX Arms

who_gives_a6

#1 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Bought these last summer from here as +3 arms and had them in a box for months. Put them on, mounted up, adjusted, etc, and they are not +3 afterall. Max width with a 3:2 wheel is about 48.5". They are long travel but only about 1.25" longer each side than stock and are only camber adjustable.

When I bought them they had new spherical joints installed and I believe I paid $330. I have since replaced all four tie rod ends with the upgraded Blackwidow ones and also replaced a tie rod due to a slight, barely noticable bend that made me uneasy, (read my "Ouch" post to see why, lol) which ran me a total of $76.

I have $406 into these. Ready to run and real nice quality, just wont make the quad 50" wide like I wanted.
$400 shipped firm. Will use on playquad otherwise. May trade for some aftermarket parts.

Trav
Located in southern California.
7six0-7zero7-7897. Text first!
Will upload pics later. Can text them now.

jacobw

#2 Post by jacobw »

FYI herman made some +1 arms also

who_gives_a6

#3 Post by who_gives_a6 »

That explains it. They're about +1.25" longer than stock. Guess these could be a good match for someone wanting long travel in the woods. 4:1 wheels would be about 46.5" wide. A more appropriate title would be XC arms, not MX I guess.

canniballz

#4 Post by canniballz »

Do you have any interest in stock moto a-arms? I was wanting long travel for woods riding but the moto a-arms are to wide. What size shocks would you run with those arms?

who_gives_a6

#5 Post by who_gives_a6 »

I plan on getting another ASR front end as they're adjustability and quality are top notch now that they have better tie rods. So I'd have to pass on that. Previous owner ran Moto shocks without issues. I haven't actually done up the measurements to see what they take but I have an 18.6" set on them now with 5.8" of stroke for mock up and at full bottom out the tie rods are a little close for comfort. Stock Moto shocks only have I believe 5.6" stroke and are .1" longer so I would think a perfect match.

who_gives_a6

#6 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Arms are sold pending payment.

dayton02cdale

#7 Post by dayton02cdale »

are the arms still available?

who_gives_a6

#8 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Buyer has not yet paid. Willing to do partial trades on some parts i need but mostly need cash. Until paid for, they are back up for sale. Can't wait forever.

haulinit

#9 Post by haulinit »

QUOTE (who_gives_a6 @ Apr 23 2012, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Buyer has not yet paid. Willing to do partial trades on some parts i need but mostly need cash. Until paid for, they are back up for sale. Can't wait forever.

What parts are you still needing?

who_gives_a6

#10 Post by who_gives_a6 »

I still need an Ohlins steering stabilizer, Tag T2 bars, and a remote reservoir rear shock with ZPS setup.

Will sell these for $180 in trade for a good rear ZPS shock for example. Knockoff $20 if fresh build. I need some cash atleast for new arms, so can't exchange all, haha.