448 stroker long term inspection

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Dude54758

#11 Post by Dude54758 »

Bike is for sale 1,300 takes it home.

jesshamner

#12 Post by jesshamner »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Sep 5 2011, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The scavange pump seal was popped out of the cover so that explains why why oil was transfering. I am not going to speculate why .

I was searching for something and found this old thread. So what do you think caused this?

ry415

#13 Post by ry415 »

I had the same thing go bad on mine, one day I woke up to a puddle of oil on the fly wheel side. I think the bearing went bad on this side causing some wobble and breaking the seal to let the oil out. Thank god for the leak because I didn't hear anything strange and the quad was running great.

riverat1540

#14 Post by riverat1540 »

I have this engine now and havnt rode it but just one trail ride since, It needs a top end something bad. Just a dog compared to what it should be. Its getting a ported head and a new piston/sleeve. Cant complain for the 800 bucks And the boat load of spare parts Dude included. It will be done by winter and with more power than it ever had. I picked up a great gig down south where I am now. So I'll finally have the money to have two Dales ready for the lake this winter. The gf has been begging to get them both done so we can ride together. All I can say is thanks John for walking me through my first rebuild. Without you I would have most likely just ending up parting out my first dale instead of discovering more power and thrill than any other atv i have rode!