anybody have a Top end kit available?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Ryanstones

Welcome HayDug!

#11 Post by Ryanstones »

Sounds interesting for the next rering. How can it be 'gapless'?
What kind of racing do you do and how many hours between topends are you going. What is your experience with valve adjustment?
Welcome to the site!

haydug

#12 Post by haydug »

The "gapless" ring is used in nascar motors, it it basically 2 rings machines together to take place on top compression ring. If you do a leak down test before ring install and after you gain around 12% less blowby. I have sent a couple sets of these to the factory with same results. I race mostly motocross, some harescrambles. #391 250B & +25 class this year in GNC's. I just started racing ATV's this year, I also race a dale X440 in the pro class. I'm going around 10-20 hours between rings, depends on some conditions. I change oil every week, and watch filter carefully. I have also seen some corrosion behind water pump on older heads, new heads have that solved. I work at a dealership, check us out at www.jividenspowerequipment.com

Ryanstones

#13 Post by Ryanstones »

That is a Great Tip Doug! Thanks for the info. I'm working on gettin my old dale ready to run some XC and see if i like it. Woohoo.

rowlrag

#14 Post by rowlrag »

The water pump corrosion problem was solved by using a different coating (black) on the valve cover.

rowlrag

#15 Post by rowlrag »

Also as for parts "backordered" by Cannondale as some dealers say, call Cannondale yourselves and verify, most of the time it's the dealer, sorry but true. Cannondale is the only company that I have seen stand behind the things they make so aggresively.