Trick little items

wistech

#21 Post by wistech »

speedfreek

#22 Post by speedfreek »

Thanks buddy, that voice sure sounds familiar. You could have a bright future in voice work on documentarys. laugh.gif

wistech

#23 Post by wistech »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5M-Mini-USB-Boresc...=item4167810950

For those times when you need to look down the intake,exhaust or spark plug hole this is an awesome tool to have. It hooks up to the laptop in seconds and the video quality is excellent. For fishing it through and around specific turns you can tape a piece of wire to it . I have been using it at work and it has been very usefull.

WJR

#24 Post by WJR »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Nov 26 2009, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ive been testing out these quick connects for a while and they are pretty sweet . THe only ting that annoyed me was the male ends had thread on them and I needed an adapter for a 1/4" barb. Well 2 minutes on the lathe and I turned them into a barb without the bulky extra parts. So now just a super compact fitting that you can disconnect easily without having to pull the tank up and they dont leak fuel like gutted quick connects . The other thing was instead of the black sleeving and heat shrink that always concealed the pretty braided fuel lines I found a good deal on clear heat shrink. You cant even tell its on there .It looks just like a galfer brake line. Its also handly for popping on a fuel pressure guage or jumping back and forth between adjustable fuel pressure regulators and stock ones on the dyno.

Where do I get those quick connects? They look like they work great.

Bvcracingcdale

#25 Post by Bvcracingcdale »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Jan 14 2013, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5M-Mini-USB-Boresc...=item4167810950

For those times when you need to look down the intake,exhaust or spark plug hole this is an awesome tool to have. It hooks up to the laptop in seconds and the video quality is excellent. For fishing it through and around specific turns you can tape a piece of wire to it . I have been using it at work and it has been very usefull.

Wow very cool!!!! That beats spending 800 to a grand on a snap on tool that does similar thing

wistech

#26 Post by wistech »

I will see if I have the part numbers . I get them from my local hydraulic hose supplier. They have quite the candy store of fluid handling material. I have had to replace some of the orings in some of the quick connects to handle the more aggressive fuels. They dont leak or restrict flow but they do get harder to couple when the original orings swell. So now I use better ones on new installs.

The mini cam is pretty sweet.

WJR

#27 Post by WJR »

Wistech, did you have any luck finding those part numbers? If not, what are those called exactly. Maybe I can source them from McMaster Carr, or Fastenal, etc.

Thanks,

wistech

#28 Post by wistech »

The couplers are RECTUS brand type 21 . The part number is for the coupler is 21KA-TP06-MPX and the male end is 21SFTF06MXX .
I have a couple in stock if you need some ASAP.
I ordered a dozen more for the shelf.

wistech

#29 Post by wistech »

A simple trick update but could save your machine and your life. Ive seen the stock fuel cap clips break,slip ,snap and fail several times and a couple of zip ties will at least keep them from letting the pressurized fuel blast all over your hot engine. When using aftermarket injector this is even more serious.

exotic rider

#30 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Mar 19 2014, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A simple trick update but could save your machine and your life. Ive seen the stock fuel cap clips break,slip ,snap and fail several times and a couple of zip ties will at least keep them from letting the pressurized fuel blast all over your hot engine. When using aftermarket injector this is even more serious.

I did that last summer after pushing back to the truck- you advised that as a fix.