suspension set-ups??????

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Jaybr

#21 Post by Jaybr »

Yeah, Jeff can do the fox shocks too, he did one for me that I put on a Mojave, works great.

I've got a fox in the garage that came off a brand new Cannibal if anyone needs one or wants a spare for conversion. I took it off before the first ride so it's brand new.

TricityCdale

#22 Post by TricityCdale »

Haydug,
How'd you get those 400ex hubs to fit. I've tried everything I can think of to get them on my Dale and they just won't go on there. Are the Moto splines different than the Cannibal splines? It is like the 400ex axle is just a smidgen smaller in diameter.

Lippy91

#23 Post by Lippy91 »

What is the cost of converting. I now want to convert my 03' moto Ohlins to ZPS or TCS. Does it make that much of a differnce? What other mods do you guys recommend for the MoTo. I race MX. THANKS

thomez

#24 Post by thomez »

For the conversion I'd get ahold of Jeff@Quadshop. Seemed very reasonably priced to me and you'd be hard pressed to find someone nicer to work with biggrin.gif

quad_freak14

#25 Post by quad_freak14 »

man you guys make me feel like i have a cheap setup..lol

I have american star +2 wide +1 forward(pc'd red:) ) with Elka tripple rate's with remote rezzies.
I wanted some long travel but i still use it for trails, dunes and every other kind of riding.

When i turn 16 and get out of the youth production class i might get some long travel housers????

MXMIKE

update

#26 Post by MXMIKE »

My new set up is unbelevable. I only have one race on it since I put everything on. ( The trany failed the very next ride)I am amased how good it soaks up the rough stuff. I was kinda scared of it at first because it sits ALOT lower now. I was waiting to bottom out the first few jump atempts, but instead it landed like a pillow .LOL I was going over bumps and expecting to feal it and would just brease on over them with barley a hint they were there. I was pushing it harder and harder thru the corners every lap. By the end of the race I was amasing myself because I have never cornered so fast:D I still have not dialed them in much with so little time on it but can tell you the +3 houser front end paired with The Quad shops ohlin/elka zps covershion is awsome.

I dont know how I was even competive with people with a zps set up before I got mine because it makes a huge diference.

I think next season will be much more diferent:D

Thanks Doug and Jeff:usa

haydug

#27 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by TricityCdale
Haydug,
How'd you get those 400ex hubs to fit.  I've tried everything I can think of to get them on my Dale and they just won't go on there.  Are the Moto splines different than the Cannibal splines?  It is like the 400ex axle is just a smidgen smaller in diameter.

The 400 hubs work fine on the Lonestar axle. For some reason they will not work on the stock axle. It is almost like the stocker is tapered a little. The honda hubs starts, but will not go on. I did have a cannible (used, traded for and sold) that had 400 hubs on the rear, and honda tie-rod ends. I was told that wouldn't work either.

JeffQuadShop

#28 Post by JeffQuadShop »

I got the 400ex hubs on a stock axle with a big socket and hammer.....to get them back off, I used a slide hammer.

airtime

#29 Post by airtime »

jeff, are you saying that you are a taking 03' cannible non adj rear shocks and making zps shocks out of them? are they adj when you get done or just zps non adj shocks. my factory fox shock does not have any type of adj. rebound or compression. or are you replacing the inside with another shock. just curiuos.

haydug

#30 Post by haydug »

Not sure what Jeff is doing with them, but TCS does a nice conversion. Makes it compression adjustable, and dual rate spring. It works WORLDS better than stock.