new.....

Q&A about routine maintenance.
mikexxx

new.....

#1 Post by mikexxx »

i got a cannondale today(used) its a 2003 cannibal, i dont know much about them yet, cause im used to yamaha's and honda's. it is bogging, does anyone know what it could be? could it be the fuel filter, because the guy said it might need a new one pretty soon. please tell me what you think. thanks

dalewannbe

battery connections

#2 Post by dalewannbe »

Make sure your battery connections are tight and also clean!. Try that first before changing the fuel filter.

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

I would do both. Remember to use the Napa fuel filter. I forget the # but it is on the parts page. Cheap fixes for under $2. Also I have a similar problem like this, but mine is more advanced.

mikexxx

#4 Post by mikexxx »

thanks, anyone else have any suggestions, oh and would the battery have anything to do w/the bogging?

dalewannbe

#5 Post by dalewannbe »

yes, if you don't have good clean connections it will bog and act like it has no power. Believe me I found out the hard way, luckily when I messed with my positive cable it ran good again...otherwise I thought I was walking several miles back to my vehicle with my quad left in the woods. I took the quad home, clean the cables and posts good with sandpaper and didn't have any problems.

mikexxx

#6 Post by mikexxx »

yeah, ill check that tomorrow

jfarrar

#7 Post by jfarrar »

did you remap your quad when you installed the bigun?what map do you run?were the fuel settings carried over from the original map?

mikexxx

#8 Post by mikexxx »

im not sure, i just got it used saturday, ill try to find out

mikexxx

#9 Post by mikexxx »

no, the guy didnt remap after installing the big gun, what mapping would you suggest to run?

thomez

#10 Post by thomez »

Moto, Blaze, or Moto-Speed all are good options. Do you have the D&M kit?