Woods quad project

Jaybr

#11 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
but right now my wife is trying to convince me how great hardwood floors are....DOH! :cry:   JIM

Hardwood floors, I figured you lived in one of those dugout dirt floor cabins up there in the woods somewhere:o . I went to ship your part via UPS yesterday and the website said they couldn't deliver to your address, something about not having a dogsled:D

AlaskaSpeed

#12 Post by AlaskaSpeed »

Originally posted by Jaybr
Hardwood floors, I figured you lived in one of those dugout dirt floor cabins up there in the woods somewhere:o .  I went to ship your part via UPS yesterday and the website said they couldn't deliver to your address, something about not having a dogsled:D

ohmy.gif :w: rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

haydug

#13 Post by haydug »

Hardwood floors???
Dog sled???
Cabin in the woods???

Well, I guess you could go out in the yard and cut some trees down, then lay them for the floor. Wouldn't be quite as nice as hardwood, but would be better then dirt. biggrin.gif

Tell the wife you'd look at hardwood alot closer with the new dale in the garage. :deal:

Or, just do like I do, when she ask's who's new bike that is in the garage, say, "oh it just followed me home" or "not sure, must be my brother's"

AlaskaSpeed

#14 Post by AlaskaSpeed »

Originally posted by haydug
Hardwood floors???
Dog sled???
Cabin in the woods???

Well, I guess you could go out in the yard and cut some trees down, then lay them for the floor. Wouldn't be quite as nice as hardwood, but would be better then dirt.  :D

Tell the wife you'd look at hardwood alot closer with the new dale in the garage.  :deal:

Or, just do like I do, when she ask's who's new bike that is in the garage, say, "oh it just followed me home" or "not sure, must be my brother's"

the question here is....do those replies work? LMAO

btw.....here is a current pic of my quad......ohmy.gif

haydug

#15 Post by haydug »

well, the replies used to work. Actually, one day we were riding down the rode and the wife says "so how does your new bike(yz 250) run?" and I started laughing. She said, "you didn't tell me you were in Athens yesterday when I called you (da** cell phones). I guess the 5 year old ratted me out. He was telling her about the new 50's and some Harley's that daddy was looking at. So, she thought he was making it up and asked him where he seen all this stuff, and his answer was "when we picked up dad's new bike yesterday"
Well, as you can imagine, no action around the house for a week or so. :confused:

Women just don't understand sometimes.

NRath

#16 Post by NRath »

Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
[B]btw.....here is a current pic of my quad......ohmy.gif

Mods, huhh...
I thought I read in Dirt Wheels that these YFZ's were the first ever production, race-ready quads!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif :rotf biggrin.gif biggrin.gif How quickly they forget who started it all!

I just received a renewal slip for my Dirt Wheels subscription- I won't be returning it! Think I'll be converting to ATV Sport.

The YFZ's are sharp looking quads, though! I got to ride one about a week ago.

AlaskaSpeed

#17 Post by AlaskaSpeed »

Originally posted by NRath
Mods, huhh...
I thought I read in Dirt Wheels that these YFZ's were the first ever production, race-ready quads!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif :rotf biggrin.gif biggrin.gif  How quickly they forget who started it all!

I just received a renewal slip for my Dirt Wheels subscription- I won't be returning it!  Think I'll be converting to ATV Sport.

The YFZ's are sharp looking quads, though!  I got to ride one about a week ago.

Yeah....I hear ya....rolleyes.gif ...Dirtwheels. In my opinion, the Dale, YFZ and probably new TRX could all be raced off the showroom floor if a person wanted to; and do well too. I am lucky enough not to HAVE to do that, and I have yet to find any quad that didn't respond favorably to mods..........JIM:hammer:

Jaybr

Change in Plans

#18 Post by Jaybr »

Since I moved the yellow hipers to the woods quad, and already have yellow grips on it, I decided to swap plastic and seat with my Speed. I figure the black will hold up better on a track than in the woods anyway.

Took these at dusk, I'll get some better shots this weekend.

Jaybr

#19 Post by Jaybr »

other side

pdavis

#20 Post by pdavis »

that is sharp jay, i was wondering what the grafix kit looked like on black... sweet