Whitch mapping it the best

Mapping discussions
nicksglamis440

Whitch mapping it the best

#1 Post by nicksglamis440 »

Hi I have a 2003 glamis 440, I bought it brand new august. When I bought the bike, the dealer had installed a fmf full exhaust. When I bought the bike he said for 200 dollers he would put either the blaze, or motto mapping it I can't remeber which one. So I had him do I whatched him hook it up to the cumputer and run the program. I ride this bike only in the sand and I love to race people. What would be the best mapping for me, or do I already have it. Any help would be great, some more power would be even better.
Nick

CdaleRacer0128

#2 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

hed put it in for 200 dollars just for the mapping!?!
or 200 for the exhaust AND mapping

if its 200 for the mapping alone, thats an outrage, well its ludacris,

it shouldnt cost you anywheres more than 5 dollars for a mapping change EVER

nicksglamis440

#3 Post by nicksglamis440 »

No sorry to say that was 200 bucks for the mapping, but sense we boughtthe bike from him he knocked 100 bucks off of it , but it was still 100 bucks. But thanks for telling me that know I know better.

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

You can buy the software to change the maps yourself for $300. So even $100 is steep. Which map did you have installed? That would help the best. If it is the moto than you probably are in the right map. If it is a blaze that map is a little softer on the bottom for what you want.

thomez

#5 Post by thomez »

With a stock exhaust the Speed/Glamis map is the best I know of for sand drags. If you want to upgrade the exhaust, let me know, then you can run a more agressive map ...

J. Delaney

#6 Post by J. Delaney »

What kind of map are you suggesting Thomez?

thomez

#7 Post by thomez »

With a better exhaust, you can run a map such as the Nacs map or Trinity map, a lil fuel added to the fire... or I believe Jaybr has a Speed map with Moto fuel settings or something of that sort. Better exhaust means you can take added fuel and burn it, making more power, and that's what we all want!

Also, if you couple a new exhaust with an ACE airbox with map, I think that is the best running combo out there. Maz's maps seem to be hot runners from what everyone that has one says..

Derno24

#8 Post by Derno24 »

I was under the impression that the Glamis and Speed Map were one and the same? That was why there was no map listed on Cannondales website for the Glamis. I could be wrong though.:drink:

J. Delaney

#9 Post by J. Delaney »

Couldn't you adjust your injector offset and flowrate to add in the extra fuel to compensate for the freeerer flowing exhaust?? Everyone says to use the moto or blaze map, but I don't see why you couldn't use a speed map and just tune the bike. I know it is kind of a pain to do plug readings and all, but why wouldn't that work? Is the timing alot different on the moto and blaze?

Derno24

#10 Post by Derno24 »

I think your idea has merit. There is more things involved than just fuel flow. In the maps it take into account what kind of throttle response you want. It has timing and fuel delivery specifics. That is why a map would be needed. I think the speed map is just too lean on top and just fattening it up on the top may work, but also will give you mixed results.