fox rear shock????????

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Big55sexy

fox rear shock????????

#1 Post by Big55sexy »

What's up boys? Need some in put on fox rear shock i just got my 03 black cannibal and it has the fox rear shock on it.Is this shock any good i plan on racing a little mx this year the class i will be racing in is vet i like to ride hard but not a big jumper how does it compare to the ohlins rear shock i am run ohlins front shock got them from my buddies blaze. do you think i should replace fox shock or can i get bye with it this year thanks.

Jaybr

#2 Post by Jaybr »

The biggest problem you'll probably have is that the fox has no compression and rebound adjustments. All of the Ohlins rears have both.

Not sure how well it will hold up but it seems to be pretty good quality. Maybe someone who has raced on one will comment.

CdaleRacer0128

#3 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

well i raced on my fox rear shock two times, not that i didnt like it its just it snapped in half...oil all over the place and a spring bent like apretzel, it'll work for you if you don't jump big,but i do, n it didnt hold up very well. Raced the ohlins rear shock the whole season after and loved it.

thunderwolf

#4 Post by thunderwolf »

There are a few sets of Cannondale Ohlins shocks on ebay right now.

haydug

#5 Post by haydug »

I have some Ohlins rear shocks, but I have also sent soe Fox to TCS for a dual rate conversion, with compression adjustable bottle. The guys who have them love them.

Big55sexy

#6 Post by Big55sexy »

Thanks boys i will give it a try see what happens i will keep you in mine haydug. Had much for the ohlin rear shock haydug?

haydug

#7 Post by haydug »

I sell them for $200. I do know you can find them cheaper, but I have them ready to ship. Thanks, Doug