got the 450R in the garage

Motoman440

#41 Post by Motoman440 »

Originally posted by 4punksdad
The throttle was out of adjustment. She is slamming the slide 100% now smile.gif

thanks for the reminder gabe.

Can you fill me in on what you have to adjust. Is it cable tension or something within the carb???

86atc250r

#42 Post by 86atc250r »

I am planning a late summer get together at my place. Probably in late August (before kids go back to school). You are welcome to come ride any time and the R is fair game. smile.gif

Cool deal. Free HP is the best kind.

Let us know what difference it makes... Some of us are still waiting on our 450Rs smile.gif

4punksdad

#43 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by 86atc250r
Cool deal.   Free HP is the best kind.

Let us know what difference it makes...  Some of us are still waiting on our 450Rs smile.gif

I am sure it will make some difference........although it didn't take much adjustment to make the slide slap the stops.

4punksdad

#44 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by Motoman440
Can you fill me in on what you have to adjust.  Is it cable tension or something within the carb???

adjust the cable on the bars near the thumb throttle. Mine needed to be turned out about 4 threads to get the proper free play and make it slap. Dont get it too tight or it will throttle up when you crank the bars full lock.

listen carefully and you will be able to hear the carb slide hitting the top of the cap when you are WOT. If you don't hear the same noise as when she hits the bottom, she needs adjustment.

Motoman440

#45 Post by Motoman440 »

adjust the cable on the bars near the thumb throttle. Mine needed to be turned out about 4 threads to get the proper free play and make it slap. Dont get it too tight or it will throttle up when you crank the bars full lock.

listen carefully and you will be able to hear the carb slide hitting the top of the cap when you are WOT. If you don't hear the same noise as when she hits the bottom, she needs adjustment.

Thanks for the info!!! Never really thought about like that. I assume this theory would apply to any throttle???

86atc250r

#46 Post by 86atc250r »

About 4 threads is what my 400EX required back in Sep of 99. That translated into about 30~35% travel at the slide, which translated to a big smile on my face the first time I rode it afterwards.

Obvously it didn't make much difference on the bottom end, but the mid and top benefitted significantly.

NRath

Uh-Ohhhh!!!!

#47 Post by NRath »

The throttle was out of adjustment. She is slamming the slide 100% now smile.gif

Well, get them back out in the street and let us know what happens!

4punksdad

Re: Uh-Ohhhh!!!!

#48 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by NRath
Well, get them back out in the street and let us know what happens!

maybe this weekend...............I'll definately line em up again.

cannibalq8

#49 Post by cannibalq8 »

that why i like my cannndale !!!

:clap: :head:

MX Quad Dad

#50 Post by MX Quad Dad »

4punksdad At the risk of sounding like a broken record. I was woundering if you put the R on a scale yet. It would be great putting the Dale on the same scale.