Sitting Low

Lippy91

Sitting Low

#1 Post by Lippy91 »

What kind of set ups are you guys using for mx to get your quad to sit low??It seems that my Moto doesn't squat as low as it should for mx.

thomez

#2 Post by thomez »

The reason for this is that the shocks are not zero-preload like you will see all of the pro's running. The ZPS shocks allow the bike to squat a couple inches with adjustable ride height. If you get aftermarket shocks you will also get a triple or quad rate option instead of the dual rate setup on the Moto. This allows you more tune-ability to get them dialed in just like you wish.

If you are looking to go this direction, I have a brand new Elka converted rear shock with 1 ride on it, dual rate, setup for MX and about 175 pounds. Done by Jeff@theQuadshop. You can find it in the for sale section. I'm willing to deal on it knowing I won't get out of it what I have in. :deal:

haydug

#3 Post by haydug »

You need to send your suspension to TCS for conversion or to Jeff at the Quad shop. This will make it a ZPS set up.

Lippy91

#4 Post by Lippy91 »

They are on their way to Jeff , actually I hope they're on their way back. Anything else to do to lower the ride height? Any adjustments to a arms or to the tires? Just looking for tips or tricks that I may have missed.