speed ohlins

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
cannondale27

#21 Post by cannondale27 »

closer

Derno24

#22 Post by Derno24 »

Those two rings are threaded right? If they are what is the top spring doing then? I thought in order to make that work you needed to change the threaded pieces to a collar.

cannondale27

#23 Post by cannondale27 »

The adjusters are mounted on collar not the shock they move the collar up or down which changes the gap if you want it soft =bigger gap,smaller=stiffer,less body roll.

Derno24

#24 Post by Derno24 »

Ohh i did not know. I had the stock ohlins for about a week before I got my Elka's and haven't looked back since. I have had a chance to ride some quads with a variation of this conversion and they aren't that bad.smile.gif

bknight

#25 Post by bknight »

thanks 27 i think it looks kool
thanks soo much

cdalerider75

#26 Post by cdalerider75 »

Saw this post and had a question...

I have stock speed ohlins set up for dual rate.. bought them with the added smaller spring... (note - not the ultra light spring)

shock has not been revalved...

But I was wondering

1) If I add that (3 spring) lighter softer spring would that make my stock speed ohlins a zero preload shock?

2) who sells the collar and 3 spring?

3) how much?

My thoughts are...... the softer spring compresses about 2" when you sit on the bike... right?

Now do you need the bottom yellow spring to be shorter to achive the lower ~2"

cannondale27

#27 Post by cannondale27 »

Blaze and moto shock are not a ZPS shock.The small black spring does offer some support to the quad and in turn also provides some rebound.A true ZPS shock has a wire spring which offers no support at all.If you go totally real ZPS valving has to be done to the shock.But then you can change the ride height without greatly affecting rebound or compression.Here is mine which I still havent valved to run lower.Notice how small in diameter the top spring is.That spring is from a 2000 Arctic cat sno-pro.Cost about $3.00. Rebound is way to slow if run without any preload.Compression damping is a bit light but passable.